Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one Wednesday, still waiting for shipping to arrive. Seeing the pics, I was hoping it had the thicker square rods and the yellow latches like the other Bison Covers. But, for the price, I can't complain.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how are they for keeping water out?

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_20220422_082124358.jpg

IMG_20220422_082338531_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220422_082323795.jpg

I'm impressed with how strong/stiff it is, no issues with snow load on the top for sure.
Curious, would you / will you travel with that completely open? Case in point, when you are hauling items in the bed. This would be a really nice replacement of the OEM hard cover rollup I have on my Santa Cruz; which, once rolled up removes about 10" of useable space in the bed length- as yall know.

However, since the Limited Edition of SC includes the 360 overview camera (only usable when parked) and side cameras if this can be swapped out, I would have a safe view all around the vehicle with this cover completely folded up / maximizing storage bed use and driving down the road. Or backing up etc.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious, would you / will you travel with that completely open? Case in point, when you are hauling items in the bed. This would be a really nice replacement of the OEM hard cover rollup I have on my Santa Cruz; which, once rolled up removes about 10" of useable space in the bed length- as yall know.

However, since the Limited Edition of SC includes the 360 overview camera (only usable when parked) and side cameras if this can be swapped out, I would have a safe view all around the vehicle with this cover completely folded up / maximizing storage bed use and driving down the road. Or backing up etc.
Unless your driving to Canada to get one it doesn’t really matter.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Absolutely, will be putting the fat bikes in the bed during the winter to mitigate the salt on them. The cover is almost completely blocked from wind by the cab, and lots of other work vehicles out there with no back windows. The cover can also be used with two panels folded up and the straps used to secure it instead of the prop rods.

Synthesyze

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If in the US and you need a good tonneau, the BAKFlip MX4 is only $825 w/free shipping from RealTruck if you email [email protected].

Ford Maverick Bison Tonneau Cover Now Available For Maverick IMG_0475

Ford Maverick Bison Tonneau Cover Now Available For Maverick IMG_0476

Sponsored

Synthesyze

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1 on Realtruck. Got my Gator FX3 for $685 w/ free shipping. Looks similar to that MX4.
Looks great! The only "meaningful" difference I'd say between the two is the extra 3 years of warranty on the MX4, but the odds of even needing it are pretty low. I didn't even think to ask about the Gator FX3 and probably would have bought that instead had I known!

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid $243 delivered for the Trident FastFold tri-fold soft cover from autoaccessoriesgarage.com then they gave me another $11 off for being a veteran, so $232 total. Can’t beat that!
They are located in Illinois and have a few pics of one on a Maverick to look at.

Croley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It rained heavily overnight right after I installed it, no water inside. Haven't driven in the rain yet.
My 2023 Maverick has just arrived in Toronto and I'm looking at cover options. How happy have you been with your Bison? How do you like the fit of it? How "waterproof" is it?

OP
OP

716thompson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 4k Tow Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2023 Maverick has just arrived in Toronto and I'm looking at cover options. How happy have you been with your Bison? How do you like the fit of it? How "waterproof" is it?
Some water intrusion during car washes, but it is minimal.
Have some difficulty putting the prop bars up, but rarely needed.
Can’t beat the price for a solid tri-fold tonneau.
Some foam pieces are losing their adhesion, but haven’t fallen off yet.
Would buy again.
Sponsored