Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear your opinion.

Should I get a drop in, spray in, or bedrug?

I have never had a truck, so I don't know what hauling I'll be doing. The jobs that I know I want to do are haul musical equipment (drums, tubas, etc.) And camping trips with the fam.

I'm actually leaning towards bedrug because it's the most affordable and seems to be the most comfortable.

I've basically written off drop in, but maybe I shouldn't?

Spray in is the most attractive option, but at basically double the bedrug and for what I plan to do, worth it?

Thank you in advance for your opinions!
that is why I went with the The BedRug Impact Mat
https://bedrug.com/bedtred-impact-bed-mats/2022/ford/maverick
Sponsored

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have never had a truck, so I don't know what hauling I'll be doing. The jobs that I know I want to do are haul musical equipment (drums, tubas, etc.) And camping trips with the fam.

I'm actually leaning towards bedrug because it's the most affordable and seems to be the most comfortable.

Spray in is the most attractive option, but at basically double the bedrug and for what I plan to do, worth it?

Guess I may depends on how long you plan to keep your Maverick. Less than a year makes no difference. If say 5 years at $500 for a spray in thats $100 a year. For me thats reasonable and more attractive as resale.

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I may depends on how long you plan to keep your Maverick. Less than a year makes no difference. If say 5 years at $500 for a spray in thats $100 a year. For me thats reasonable and more attractive as resale.
That's another great point. My last two cars, 2004 Mazda Protege 5, 8 years 186,000 miles and 2012 Ford focus (current) 9? Years 130,000+ miles.

If all goes well, this will be my 6 year old sons first set of wheels.

$500 lifetime seems like a small price with that scope.

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. What brand is it?
H&B Bed Liner in SW Houston. I used them 20 years ago on my F350 and was reminded of them by my dealer as it is who they use. They have been in business 30 years. I made an appointment and they did it while i waited. They dropped everything they were doing and put a crew on it and it was about 2 hours. And they asked me questions before they started to see how i wanted the area at the rear window done.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be my first truck too and most likely won’t do a lot of “truck” things, but I feel like the spray in is the best way to protect my investment.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first vehicle when I turned 16 was an 87 Dodge Dakota that had a drop in bed liner. It never had any rust issues. My biggest issue with the drop in was how hard it was on your knees if you had to crawl up onto it. That being said, I’m getting a spray in from bullet liner on the Maverick
I didn’t think about the texture with the spray in. That made me remember that Ford designed the Mav so we won’t have to crawl in it to get stuff though.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's another great point. My last two cars, 2004 Mazda Protege 5, 8 years 186,000 miles and 2012 Ford focus (current) 9? Years 130,000+ miles.

If all goes well, this will be my 6 year old sons first set of wheels.

$500 lifetime seems like a small price with that scope.
Glad I could help:cool:

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My personal reason for the spray-in is just because I'll haul some stuff here and there, throw pallets of product in the back, gravel, etc. so I wanted something tough and durable.

Some have said the drop-in is not like typical drop-ins so it could be worth looking into, especially for that side/rear wall protection.

A bed rug could totally be all you need for your case, they even have ones that are not just full-on carpet but a bit more "rugged" if you will. You may not need it though. I think a rug is a great option for what it sounds like your use is! :)
Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!! I was in HF yesterday buying some casters for plants I need to get inside for WINTER and (Irma! Don't Look Now!) I SEEN IT! "U paint on Bed liner $39/gallon (reg $59). I put this on an old trailer I use on acreage about 8 years ago still looks great. Hardest part was having to continually stir it to keep grit in suspension. Also buy several of their cheap brushes use new brush on each coat. DO NOT GET IT ON ANYTHING YOU DO NOT WANT IT ON. May want to practice on something you want coated black first! I might put it on my 2nd XLT (ordered without LUX)?

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drop in . Had one In 4 different trucks . no rust issues . others state problem with slickness but I see it as an advantage . easy to load and unloaded items ( always secured items that didn't want them to move ). It is hard on knees but always used piece of carpeting or old area rug to cushion knees . bed is short and lower on sides in maverick so minimal kneeling into bed . drop in is almost indestructible . easy up keep . I use a leafblower to keep clean . maverick has drain holes in it to reduce water under it . my vehicles have always been garaged . I am always amazed here in Florida that people will keep 1k$ worth of stuff stored in the garage and leave $ 30 k worth of vehicle sit out in the elements . Then they are worried about rust . dropins are also cheaper and never have to be touched up . I found a ranger drop in for $25 ( Craig's list ) and modified it to fit maverick . protects floor and bulkhead under window .Works for me . jigsaw and 1 1\2 hrs to modify . pics in another post .

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

To protect your equipment along with the bed I would do a spray in and the bed mat, Having done rodie work in the past that would be your best choice

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the idea of a spray in liner. Spray in liner actually serves two purposes, besides the obvious protection of the bed it also puts a huge amount of pretty effective sound deadening on a lot of Sheetmetal all at once.

I know a guy who restores luxury vehicles that actually uses spray in bedliner for sound deadening in his cars. Its incredibly effective and he claims it adds less weight than the stick on products or MLV.

I think its worth ponying up for the spray in. All the aftermarket spray ins have lifetime warranties, so its not like you ever have to really worry about it again.
I did spray-in to my 78 CJ7 body inside and out, and it did really cut down on the road noise!

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a full bedrug bedliner yet?
I just pulled the trigger on this one, had one for years, this time I chose the full liner which eliminates debris from falling through the tailgate. 😁
Sponsored