First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
some of us don't have local aftermarket shops to choose from on this. In an era where McDonalds is offering $18/hr to start, what makes you think somebody working at an independant spray liner shop is any more qualified than a Ford Factory contracted shop? At least with factory spray in it is covered under warranty if there is a problem.
I agree with all of this. I would love a factory liner, if I thought it was available. I think part of the reason I'm scheduled is because I didn't add the spray in liner.
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

some of us don't have local aftermarket shops to choose from on this. In an era where McDonalds is offering $18/hr to start, what makes you think somebody working at an independant spray liner shop is any more qualified than a Ford Factory contracted shop? At least with factory spray in it is covered under warranty if there is a problem.
Okay first on your rebuttal - most dealerships offer bed coating and it's probably available from where you're picking up your truck. I have done bed coating on Jeep tubs myself probably 20 times it ain't that hard so anyone with a compressor can do it themselves. The spray in bed coating photos that I've seen are marginal quality at best so yes the aftermarket shops do do a better job and are pretty pricey. They drilled into gas tanks because they didn't know how to mask a hole. I'd say that's pretty sad.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. Would you want to try fighting a local shop to replace your entire gas tank. Good luck with that. I will stick with the factory fu*kups.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay first on your rebuttal - most dealerships offer bed coating and it's probably available from where you're picking up your truck. I have done bed coating on Jeep tubs myself probably 20 times it ain't that hard so anyone with a compressor can do it themselves. The spray in bed coating photos that I've seen are marginal quality at best so yes the aftermarket shops do do a better job and are pretty pricey. They drilled into gas tanks because they didn't know how to mask a hole. I'd say that's pretty sad.
My town is population of ~10k. We have 1 Ford dealer, 1 Chevy/GM and 1 Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer. I know my Ford dealer does not spray themselves- they send it out to the 1 and only guy in town who carries only 1 proprietary brand and no Line-X, Rhino coat, etc. He's pricey and in demand so you get booked weeks out and can keep getting pushed out. We had our F-150 done there in 2018 and it was OK, but $550 + tax IIRC. I'm actually gonna be fine if the factory liner peels off in a couple years like a couple videos I saw. The paint underneath looked brand new. If that happens in my case that will give me 3 new options down the road- leave naked and polished up with maybe a removable mat, do a drop in, or hope there are more spray businesses around by then.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My town is population of ~10k. We have 1 Ford dealer, 1 Chevy/GM and 1 Dodge/Jeep/Ram dealer. I know my Ford dealer does not spray themselves- they send it out to the 1 and only guy in town who carries only 1 proprietary brand and no Line-X, Rhino coat, etc. He's pricey and in demand so you get booked weeks out and can keep getting pushed out. We had our F-150 done there in 2018 and it was OK, but $550 + tax IIRC. I'm actually gonna be fine if the factory liner peels off in a couple years like a couple videos I saw. The paint underneath looked brand new. If that happens in my case that will give me 3 new options down the road- leave naked and polished up with maybe a removable mat, do a drop in, or hope there are more spray businesses around by then.
Come on down to Nashville and I'll spray it for you myself just buy the material. If you peel off the factory liner and it's shiny that means they didn't do worth a crap prepping it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCK

ceugster

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick, Volvo XC70, BMW GS1200, Suzuki DR650
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try to research the sprayer, I had three options in my area and one had a great reputation. I feel like they did a great job! They didn’t spray over anything important, removed bolts and had clean lines wherever it transitioned back to paint.
Ford Maverick aftermarket spray in bedliner concerns CBBDBD89-618C-48FD-811E-D2DEBE322648

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Some local dealers take it to these shops anyway. These local places is a guy or two guys that franchise out this product and run a small business. Their way of making money and feeding their family is these bedliners. But I would def recommend checking out their work area and see if it's clean or not. If they keep that up they most likely do their due diligence with customers vehicles.
Sponsored