First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT and didn't add the spray in bedliner to hopefully make sure the order isn't held up. I know I want the bedliner, but I've been thinking about the aftermarket people doing it and I have a couple concerns.

What about the Storage cubbies in the bed? Will the person installing the bedliner spray around it?

What about the pre drilled holes for aftermarket gear? Should I go get a set of dummy bolts to screw into the holes before they sorry it so that they don't spray over them?

I've never owned a truck, so these might be easy questions, but I'm hoping someone who has had spray in bedliners before can enlighten me. 😁
Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your sprayer should be masking off the bolt holes and the storage cubbies. The cubbie(s)/panels (depending on trim)pop out anyway, so they might just remove them and re-install once sprayed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your sprayer should be masking off the bolt hols and the storage cubbies. The cubbies pop. out anyway, so they might just remove them and re-install once sprayed.
So, that's standard practice aka, no big deal?

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, that's standard practice aka, no big deal?
Should be. If you have concerns just discuss them with the vendor you choose before they do any work.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your sprayer should be masking off the bolt holes and the storage cubbies. The cubbie(s)/panels (depending on trim)pop out anyway, so they might just remove them and re-install once sprayed.
Vendors may not be used to the amount of bolt holes in the bed, so might be worth chatting with them beforehand. Worst case, I suppose you could rent a tap and die set and clean the holes out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vendors may not be used to the amount of bolt holes in the bed, so might be worth chatting with them beforehand. Worst case, I suppose you could rent a tap and die set and clean the holes out.
I think speaking with them in advance, maybe even purchasing a set of dummies to leave in while spraying/take out afterwards, would be worth it. I have never tapped holes before. I know it isn't hard, but I wouldn't want to mess up something that I intend to use for years.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you install bolts, you can thread them in all the way to seat the head against the bed. Then you could leave them in that position until you found a need to use them. OTOH they may be a bit difficult to break free of the liner material.
FWIW, my brother that bought a Ranger has a September appointment. Apparently there is a shortage of xylene or mumble, I did not memorize, but it was apparently necessary and the supplier was slow. He bought over a month ago, as I recall, so the delay is significant to a local(to him) small business. I expect that FoMoco has more pull in getting supplies needed, but could be way off with that one.
tom

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
If you install bolts, you can thread them in all the way to seat the head against the bed. Then you could leave them in that position until you found a need to use them. OTOH they may be a bit difficult to break free of the liner material.
FWIW, my brother that bought a Ranger has a September appointment. Apparently there is a shortage of xylene or mumble, I did not memorize, but it was apparently necessary and the supplier was slow. He bought over a month ago, as I recall, so the delay is significant to a local(to him) small business. I expect that FoMoco has more pull in getting supplies needed, but could be way off with that one.
tom
Xylene is a common organic solvent used in a number of applications and manufacturing processes. I can absolutely believe it is presently constrained. This smells legitimate. May not be, but I would trust it pending confirmation or exclusionary data.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
As a lot of guys have mentioned on the forum, Line-X is a great spray in liner to get. I took my Dodge Dakota to the body shop and his price was the same as Line-X and did an equal job in my opinion. I judge that based on the Line-X liner I had sprayed on my F150 in WV compared to the body shop in FL. The only difference was warranty. So that may matter.

Just make sure you discuss expectations prior to having work done. If you want the holes masked, then make it known. I did that with the Line-X job on the F150.

Sponsored

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With so many tie down points, and nooks and crannies in the bed of this little truck, I feel like getting the factory spray is a wise choice for the Maverick.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my independent bedliner guys removed the bolt on panels (XL) and tie down anchors and plugged every tapped hole.

Reactions: TCK

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my independent bedliner guys removed the bolt on panels (XL) and tie down anchors and plugged every tapped hole.
Well I’ld let those guys clean all of those out.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With so many tie down points, and nooks and crannies in the bed of this little truck, I feel like getting the factory spray is a wise choice for the Maverick.
Discussing masking / removing with the bedliner company is a great idea but to think that the jack wagons that are doing the "factory liner " are better than the aftermarket companies is funny. The same guys that couldn't mask a hole so they drilled through the gas tank to try an clean it up creating a recall ?? hahahaha I have a Lariat Lux ordered and if not part of the factory package I would have deleted it and done drop in or had it done after delivery.

Reactions: TCK

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Discussing masking / removing with the bedliner company is a great idea but to think that the jack wagons that are doing the "factory liner " are better than the aftermarket companies is funny. The same guys that couldn't mask a hole so they drilled through the gas tank to try an clean it up creating a recall ?? hahahaha I have a Lariat Lux ordered and if not part of the factory package I would have deleted it and done drop in or had it done after delivery.
some of us don't have local aftermarket shops to choose from on this. In an era where McDonalds is offering $18/hr to start, what makes you think somebody working at an independant spray liner shop is any more qualified than a Ford Factory contracted shop? At least with factory spray in it is covered under warranty if there is a problem.
Sponsored