Sponsored

Ponypower

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
That muffler placement is interesting, where is the tailpipe ?

Reactions: Doc

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. Im completely fine with that. I wonder if my current cop car wheel caps on my Grand Marquis could fit over those lugs. The old Rangers shared the same caps as the police interceptor on some models so they shared the same sort of look as police steelies. Would be awesome looking on these base steel wheels. Reminicisent of the little ole Ranger.

The only thing that pops up in all these shots is how oddly raked the truck is. Is it just me or does anyone else notice that? Looks a solid 1"-2" lower in the front in basically every spy shot we've seen. I hate the stance. New cars are already too hard to see out of, you certainly dont need to "Dodge Neon" the back of the thing and remove all the rear visibility.

DanMustang70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This person also looks very short behind the wheel. You think something is going on with the seating position?

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This person also looks very short behind the wheel. You think something is going on with the seating position?
  1. It looks like the driver is a woman, so statistically speaking she's likely to be a shorter person.
  2. As others have said, safety standards have driven designs to higher belt lines. Metal absorbs impacts better than glass.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I see this is also another Area 51 color truck. Nice to see even the base model will get that color option. It's not like that with a base Bronco Sport.

-SG

jmeIII

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Looks great. Im completely fine with that. I wonder if my current cop car wheel caps on my Grand Marquis could fit over those lugs. The old Rangers shared the same caps as the police interceptor on some models so they shared the same sort of look as police steelies. Would be awesome looking on these base steel wheels. Reminicisent of the little ole Ranger.

The only thing that pops up in all these shots is how oddly raked the truck is. Is it just me or does anyone else notice that? Looks a solid 1"-2" lower in the front in basically every spy shot we've seen. I hate the stance. New cars are already too hard to see out of, you certainly dont need to "Dodge Neon" the back of the thing and remove all the rear visibility.
Odd is a good way to describe the rake/profile. I like it, but there is something that just isn't 'right'. I am not sure if it is actually the rake, the bed rail being higher than the belt line, or the wheels...would prefer smaller diameter wheels with more tire. It may just be the camo distracting from the lines.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No tow hitch? I’m guessing it’ll still be an option to add but that blew my mind for a second. I guess not everyone needs it including fleet owners. Just threw me off a bit.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't think of any vehicle that has a tow hitch as standard. It's always an option that can be easily added, in my experience. There are other shots of different trims on here that have tow hitches.
The only vehicle that comes to mind for me is the Ridgeline. I did imagine that all the new crop of unibody trucks might get standard tow hitches (if just for ease of manufacture), but if the Santa Cruz isn't going to be able to tow that much, an add on might not add much to the assembly difficulties.
Sponsored