Sponsored

Bambi Mode (All Front Lights) for Mav?

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hey everyone!

I have a Lariat Lux and I don't have the easy option with XL/XLTs of putting bright as hell LED switchbacks and enabling them as DRL w/ highs, but I'm wondering what ForScan configuration I'd need to set to have high/low/DRL all in the front to make up for the lack of fog lights. This truck, even with the LEDs, makes it significantly harder to see wildlife at night; I already almost killed Bambi and RIP Peter Cotton Tail.

I currently have all regular bulbs upgraded with Lasfit LEDs, except the markers which are a PITA.

What would be the as built and/or easy mode selections I need to make the most light come from my truck with high beams enabled?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
sitruunatee

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
High/low/accent LEDs already all light up with high beams on.
That's a shame because with everything on... they're not that bright at night. I was hoping there was something I was missing being enabled.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmm. I have only driven at night once and thought the lights went to the side pretty good. I was specifically checking because I too wasn’t happy about not having fogs. I figured it was good because they left the low beams on.

BTW - Bambi mode, at least on my Fusion, is to have the fogs stay on when the hi beams were on. It was one of the first things I did.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could get one of those led light bar license plate bracket kits. I put one of those on my wife's Subaru crosstrek

SKYWORLD LED Light Bar, 23" 570W Spot Flood Combo Beam Work Driving Lamp Slide Bracket with License Plate Mount Holder 12V Toggle Switch Wiring Harness Kit for Auto Truck Car ATV SUV 4X4 Offroad https://a.co/d/iWyIvMQ

Ford Maverick Bambi Mode (All Front Lights) for Mav? IMG_20210425_134351053

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds like a good way to tick off any oncoming drivers as it wiggles all around; the license plate is only mounted to the bumper cover not anything rigid.

22CarbGMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone!

I have a Lariat Lux and I don't have the easy option with XL/XLTs of putting bright as hell LED switchbacks and enabling them as DRL w/ highs, but I'm wondering what ForScan configuration I'd need to set to have high/low/DRL all in the front to make up for the lack of fog lights. This truck, even with the LEDs, makes it significantly harder to see wildlife at night; I already almost killed Bambi and RIP Peter Cotton Tail.

I currently have all regular bulbs upgraded with Lasfit LEDs, except the markers which are a PITA.

What would be the as built and/or easy mode selections I need to make the most light come from my truck with high beams enabled?

Thanks!
The side markers are easy. You do not need to get at them from underneath. You can pull them loose from the outside easily. I did both of them in under 2 minutes. Shoot me a message if you want more info on how to do it!

OP
OP
sitruunatee

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The side markers are easy. You do not need to get at them from underneath. You can pull them loose from the outside easily. I did both of them in under 2 minutes. Shoot me a message if you want more info on how to do it!
I tried to do this and immediately started to deform the paint around the markers, so I gave up.

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to do this and immediately started to deform the paint around the markers, so I gave up.
Put some painters tape on the rear edge of the marker light on the painted area to protect the paint. It works

OP
OP
sitruunatee

sitruunatee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Put some painters tape on the rear edge of the marker light on the painted area to protect the paint. It works
I did! And I used a soft plastic trim pry tool. The paint on these are so crazy thin that I’d rather just wait until I get it on a lift.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds like a good way to tick off any oncoming drivers as it wiggles all around; the license plate is only mounted to the bumper cover not anything rigid.
Only used in the back roads (deer). Not on major roads or highways in Canada. Doesn't rattle around. Used lock tight on all the bolts
Sponsored