First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't it just be great if you could set it to ECO mode once and forget about it, like you can for brake hold. Amazing this hasn't been hacked to allow, without using FORscan.
Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I'd say ECO mode is lethargic, perhaps just taking a bit more throttle, as mine has spun a tire a couple of time in ECO mode, when tapping the gas to make a quick turn on busy roads. - This is on dry roads, with perhaps a small amount of dirt or debri from normal traffic, which you wouldn't even notice unless paying close attention. It will move with a slight jab of the pedal, even in ECO, with the traction motor suddenly applying the full 173(?) of torque.

I'm almost always in ECO mode, unless just backing out of the driveway to swap cars with my wife. I'll usually go up to the main road in normal, allowing a little more throttle without kicking in the ICE in the morning, then tap 4 times for ECO, and stay there the rest of the drive. - I'll take the needing a bit more pedal, in exchange for the 51+ mpg average over two tanks of gas. (Only a couple of fill-ups in, but so far the dash is pretty darn close to reality, with only a 0.1 variance in hand calc at the pump).
I am a grandfather...and I should be driving like you do. My average is 40.1 at 2819 miles.

bear15

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am just checking to see if anyone has an update on this topic . . .
Sponsored