Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@KdeB what about a laundry basket secured in the bed to hold items you don't want sliding around?
That would work also. (Might not be manly enough for my husband, though …)
Sponsored

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

https://levelpizza.com/

other ideas
pl.JPG

any wedge with the right angle would work, I have a perfect piece of foam that does the trick
OMG … Someone actually MAKES a product called Level Pizza?

What a world we live in ….

Now we should close this silly thread of mine. (And NO, I am NOT ordering Level Pizza devices.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here’s little tiny thing we’d change about our XLT if we could —

Our other car is a Subaru Forester with split fold-down rear seats which have a protective rubber liner on the back of the seats. We can fold one back seat down and have a nice “shelf” to put a takeout pizza box on for the ride home.

So yes, this is our “problem” with the Maverick: No good place to put a pizza box. (Yes, I know … major problem …)

First, the back seat doesn’t fold flat. Wish it did. That would be useful for hauling a lot of stuff not appropriate to put in the bed or under the back seat.

Second, the back of the seat is some kind of papery fabric stuff — Nothing you’d want to put a hot pizza box on anyway, even if it did lie flat.

So only alternative is putting the pizza box right on the seat. Not a fan of that, even with a seat cover, as potential for greasiness. Plus it doesn’t sit flat, so pizza comes home with toppings slid to one side.

(How fussy are WE????)

Thinking of something like a bean- bag bottom lap desk they sell for using a laptop computer on your actual lap. Although don’t know of anything like that big enough for a large pizza box.

Maybe we need a purpose-built box of some sort. Something with rails to keep the box from sliding off, with something like a bean- bag base to level it out when set on the seats.

Don’t think a large pizza box would fit underneath the back seat, even if left open. But haven’t checked. Maybe a FITS pizza box holder of some kind …
WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD THIS IS THE BEST AND MADE ME LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Our other car is a Subaru Forester with split fold-down rear seats which have a protective rubber liner on the back of the seats. We can fold one back seat down and have a nice “shelf” to put a takeout pizza box on for the ride home.

So yes, this is our “problem” with the Maverick: No good place to put a pizza box. (Yes, I know … major problem …)

First, the back seat doesn’t fold flat. Wish it did. That would be useful for hauling a lot of stuff not appropriate to put in the bed or under the back seat.

Second, the back of the seat is some kind of papery fabric stuff — Nothing you’d want to put a hot pizza box on anyway, even if it did lie flat.

So only alternative is putting the pizza box right on the seat. Not a fan of that, even with a seat cover, as potential for greasiness. Plus it doesn’t sit flat, so pizza comes home with toppings slid to one side.

(How fussy are WE????)

Thinking of something like a bean- bag bottom lap desk they sell for using a laptop computer on your actual lap. Although don’t know of anything like that big enough for a large pizza box.

Maybe we need a purpose-built box of some sort. Something with rails to keep the box from sliding off, with something like a bean- bag base to level it out when set on the seats.

Don’t think a large pizza box would fit underneath the back seat, even if left open. But haven’t checked. Maybe a FITS pizza box holder of some kind …
Buy yourself an oven bag to put your pizza in. Little Caesars used to sell them a while back. In addition to keeping the seat clean, it keeps your pizza warm on the way home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Buy yourself an oven bag to put your pizza in. Little Caesars used to sell them a while back. In addition to keeping the seat clean, it keeps your pizza warm on the way home.
Yeah, don’t know why this hadn’t occurred to us before. A real “doh” situation. (Or maybe “dough” situation …)

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, don’t know why this hadn’t occurred to us before. A real “doh” situation. (Or maybe “dough” situation …)
It’s especially fun when I go into Pizza Hut with my Little Caesar’s oven bag 😂

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

(How fussy are WE????)

Get wings or breadsticks too. Put that small box down first and the pizza box on top. This way the pizza box sits level. I also have a pet cover in my back seat, so I have zero worries of spillage.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That would work also. (Might not be manly enough for my husband, though …)
LOL We have a steel "milk crate" that we use. Very "manly"...

(Though It's actually my wife's crate. Shhh! Don't tell anyone!)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good answer. For years and with several different vehicles I have used a blanket on the seat as it can be folded to the desired flatness. We also have an insulated pizza bag. :)
YES! A use for my 110v outlet and 20x20" seed flat warmer lining my pizza bag!

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I head out to the Midwest to hunt deer each fall, and I always look forward to Casey's pizza during my trips. Both the breakfast pizza and regular variety are good. You wouldn't think gas station pizza is a "destination" eating appointment, but Casey's pizza actually has a pretty big cult following among traveling outdoorsmen!
After a week in a deer blind I cannot imagine a BAD garage station pizza!🤗

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@KdeB what about a laundry basket secured in the bed to hold items you don't want sliding around?
FYI Two 6" under the bed totes without the lids fit side by side in bed and when slid all the way into front of bed leave enough room for stuff between them and tailgate while being easily reachable to pull out and get things loaded into them with tail gate open. Works great under bed cover without opening it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

(How fussy are WE????)

Put the back seat UP