Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Azure Grey F-150 next to an Area 51 F-150. Pretty similar colors. Azure on the left. looks a little darker than Area 51. Why Ford? Why offer a color that is so close to the previous?
Becuase Area51 was one of the most popular colors.... They replace it with Azure Grey and collect $495 from every person who still wants an Area51-like blue color.... All about the Benjamins (5 of them in this case).
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Becuase Area51 was one of the most popular colors.... They replace it with Azure Grey and collect $495 from every person who still wants an Area51-like blue color.... All about the Benjamins (5 of them in this case).
That makes sense I guess. But I think in reality, people will choose a different color just to avoid the extra $$$.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Found a few pictures of an Azure Grey F-150 parked next to an Area 51 F-150. Pretty similar colors. Azure on the left. looks a little darker than Area 51. Why Ford? Why offer a color that is so close to the previous? Ford has too many blues IMO. They need to have a green color Maverick option available.

azurevsarea1.jpg

azurevsarea2.jpg

azurevsarea3.jpg
this pic answers the question asked in this thread perfectly! (I guess 2 Mavs would be a little better, but still, the F150s in the right colors is pretty much the same.)

regarding green, that's a little bit of a side track, but I agree that Ford should offer a Maverick in some shade of green. I don't really care for Eruption Green on the Bronco or Mustang, and I don't see Ford re-using that green they did for the 2020 GT500. They had a pastel green on Mustangs about 10 years ago at the end of the SN95s, that wouldn't be a bad option. Forest Green / British Racing Green would be a great option but that hasn't been offered by Ford for a long time to my knowledge.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That makes sense I guess. But I think in reality, people will choose a different color just to avoid the extra $$$.
Some folks will choose a different color, sure.

But a lot will pay for the paint color they prefer. As long as that number is higher than zero, it makes sense to Ford's bottom line.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looking to switch to a different color for my rollover. Going toward Azure Gray based on the pic. Haven't seen one in real life. I've seen plenty of Area 51 both broncos and Mavericks and do not like it. What do you all think?
Was ambivalent about my A51 when I first got it but it grew on me. Now I have a Azure blue coming and I think it looks better, looking forward to it.
Sponsored