brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, you're clearly not reading this thread. You're simply just responding to my posts. If you were, you would realize there are many "would be" hybrid owners that are swapping to EB/AWD/FX4. So, somewhere along the way some have realized the added benefits these options provide over the base $20K/FWD/40 MPG offering.

I still think many of them are likely swapping because of impatience.
I don't know what thread you're reading, but the OP is the only one in this thread that who has talked about converting. Sure, there have been other conversations about switching from hybrid to EB, but there are also a 2:1 hybrid order ratio, so that along with the current availability of the EB, you would expect hybrid-EB conversions to be more prominent. Again, you're the one that wasn't following the thread by bringing in your own "sense."
Sponsored

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You hybrid folks are funny. There's more to a vehicle than MPG's, carbon foot prints and all that other stuff you California people lose sleep over. Look, if those things matter most, then you have to wait for your hybrid. It's s that simple. Don't compromise.

However, if you feel you need a more capable vehicle then you have to go with the EB, because it is. Again, its that simple.

I sense you want your vehicle sooner rather than later and are willing to make tradeoffs to do so. That almost always ends in dissapointment.
The only reason I'm more partial to hybrid is because everything's moving to electric version. I feel like to go non hybrid now will be a step backwards.

However, given numbers that are coming out for the Ecoboost, it changes everything I've learned since july about the truck. I think alot of us playing the waiting game going through a lot of thinking about switching. I'm worried that the hybrid might under perform and won't be worth the wait.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's cool, I get it. But, my response was to the OP (not that you can't chime in, btw) who appears to perhaps be considering making some considerable compromises to get his truck sooner rather than later. IMO, that's usually a setup for disappointment.
The purist in me who reserved months ago wanted and still wants a 20k hybrid truck period! But as a family man with two young girls, having creature comfort features in the car is always a plus. For me alone a bare hybrid XL would suffice but I started thinking about the life of the truck as an all around family haule, daily commuter, utility vehicle, recreational vessel, and possibly first car for my eldest after many many years!

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y

Sorry for the super short and vertical video but my buddy took a clip as I was going up a decent hill this weekend. In front of me is the Raptor for reference. I three wheeled at one spot where the raptor obviously didn’t but I never got stuck and was able to keep up with the group all day. Plenty good for what I need.

edit: first time uploading a video here. If it doesn’t work, check my Reddit post for the same video:
Short Clip Off-roading in My Maverick!

https://v.redd.it/omwpdn1pkuw71

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know what thread you're reading, but the OP is the only one in this thread that who has talked about converting. Sure, there have been other conversations about switching from hybrid to EB, but there are also a 2:1 hybrid order ratio, so that along with the current availability of the EB, you would expect hybrid-EB conversions to be more prominent. Again, you're the one that wasn't following the thread by bringing in your own "sense."
See below.....

Similar situation. I have a hybrid on order and ended up buying a awd eco 4k FX4 off the lot. Coming from a sedan so figured a FWD maverick would add enough addition utility over previous car.
I have the Eco AWD.....With that, I bought mine off the lot vs the hybrid I initially was ordering..... due to dealership games and not having anything else to drive for however long the wait would be. IF a hybrid was also on the lot that would have been what fits my needs.
Again, either you're not reading or can't read. Either way, find a way to contribute positively by reading, comprehending and replying thoughtfully or stop clogging up the thread. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Rnmedic45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 65 Galaxy ,2020 Spyder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Central PA you can call that mountains if you want I'm at 3000' above sea level at the bottom of the mountains. I don't know who "most" of us our but I would not be WITHOUT AWD/4WD. At least 1 of our 2 vehicles have one. I was on the fence because my wife's comfy Chrysler 300 is AWD. I thought about hybrid FWD and switching to snow tires in the winter. Then It was do I just buy extra rims too and swap them out. I know that would have to be done because the same statement was made before. " With good snow tires on in the winter the hybrid will be just as good in winter conditions as the awd". I know eventually that shits ( pardon the French) but it's true gonna get old. You knew what you wanted when you ordered it. I went with awd and eco it was my first instinct. I knew when I ordered mine They were getting my truck now and I was getting mine in 6-8mos. Trade in values are way to high now not to let it go. 2012 F150 xlt 116k for15k who knows in 8 mos.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See below.....

Again, either you're not reading or can't read. Either way, find a way to contribute positively by reading, comprehending and replying thoughtfully or stop clogging up the thread. đź‘Ť
Both of those were after you posted your OP. So yeah, they totally informed your comment. Good job following the thread and not at all "clogging" it with your own thoughts.

Last edited:

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious.....if the hybrid was the same price as a 2.0 AWD would you have still purchased the hybrid?
Yes. My company gives me a car allowance which has to cover gas as well. I am trying to stay within budget. If they were covering the gas completely, I would get AWD

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I live in LA where hybrid would trump over the Ecoboost but I do drive up to mountains on a few occasions each year and I'm thinking I need a more capable Maverick.
Your post gives me the vibe that you want the hybrid but are trying to justify the EcoBoost to yourself since they're available now/sooner.

Since you're in California, chain controls are a thing. If you're fine with chaining up then I'd just get the hybrid. CalTrans typically closes a road before they require 4x4/AWD with M+S tires to chain up.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The purist in me who reserved months ago wanted and still wants a 20k hybrid truck period! But as a family man with two young girls, having creature comfort features in the car is always a plus. For me alone a bare hybrid XL would suffice but I started thinking about the life of the truck as an all around family haule, daily commuter, utility vehicle, recreational vessel, and possibly first car for my eldest after many many years!
I get it, hybrid drive is very attractive, especially for a daily driver. I will certainly pay more for fuel along the way, but I am coming out of a rig that is averaging 16mpg, so.......

How much more I will pay will be governed by the routes I choose for a given drive time, sometimes it math's out to drive a wee bit farther as far as average mpg goes.

For me, I needed to get into a smaller, more efficient and new vehicle asap, I am in no way patient enough to wait on an order, especially with the hybrid lead times - took me about 3 1/2 weeks from discovering the Maverick to landing mine, and I could not be happier with my choice.

So, like I said earlier, you have choices and they are all good.

Ignore the purse fight.... :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored