propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I understand, but do not know for sure, is that there may not be an APIM which is required for Sync 3. There are places that sell them and kits to upgrade. I know the XL and XLT are non-sync Ford Connected Touch Radios, so you would have to identify the correct additional wiring harnesses needed plus the right APIM. But, it is something that I'm also thinking of, but not ready to spend the type of money that will be required right now. Good luck.
Yeah there is no APIM in the XL/XLT. I can easily source an APIM, ACM and wiring harness. Just wiring it up is the tricky part because of the lack of diagrams. The only issue was going from the existing wiring to the new harness and what needs to connect where

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nable-to-upgrade-sync.7112/page-5#post-152959
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah there is no APIM in the XL/XLT. I can easily source an APIM, ACM and wiring harness. Just wiring it up is the tricky part because of the lack of diagrams. The only issue was going from the existing wiring to the new harness and what needs to connect where

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nable-to-upgrade-sync.7112/page-5#post-152959
Yes, I know what you mean by no wiring diagrams available. If they were, there would be a lot less frustrations. Right now I'm trying to find the OBDII port so I can install my insurance dongle and security system.

koolkats3

First Name
LuAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 vw passat

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mavrik23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, if anyone does find a way to add an AUX IN to the XL/XLT, please be sure to post! Thank you.
Sponsored