Sponsored

Austin, Tx area dealer order experiences?

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Why do you think that's best case? Not doubting, just curious.
My 2022 took 51 weeks from order to delivery. I'm not seeing/reading a lot that addresses the previous problems solved as they relate to the current Ford pipeline issues. My bar is pretty low for Ford in general and the '23 Maverick delivery - though I will say that the vehicle is worth the delay if your blood pressure can take it.
Sponsored

BackFromTheDead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered XLT Tremor
My 2022 took 51 weeks from order to delivery. I'm not seeing/reading a lot that addresses the previous problems solved as they relate to the current Ford pipeline issues. My bar is pretty low for Ford in general and the '23 Maverick delivery - though I will say that the vehicle is worth the delay if your blood pressure can take it.
Fair enough, thanks man!

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid from Mac Haik in Georgetown on June 15, 2021. No deposit. I picked it up on November 4, 2022. They honored MSRP.

It was a typical car dealership purchase experience.

The good: I was able to buy a very popular vehicle that I special ordered at MSRP and no deposit.

The bad: The salesperson spent more time away from their desk wheeling and dealing than at their desk with me. The salesperson seemed less concerned with me and more concerned with the sale. They low-balled the amount they gave me for my trade-in vehicle. When I brought in multiple trade-in value quotes, that were 8-10k higher than what the dealership offered me, I was given some spiel about how the used car market is now in decline...blah, blah and told to my face "you should have sold it to one of the [places I got the quotes]." That is insulting. When I went home I got new offers, and they were very close to the same as the offers I had brought in before the purchase. So the salesperson was full of s**t. I understand the dealership had all the leverage. I was buying a very popular vehicle that I ordered, and if I refused the order, the dealership could sell that vehicle with a huge dealer markup. So if I wanted to buy the vehicle I ordered, I either needed to accept the low-ball trade-in offer, or not trade in my vehicle and sell it privately. I wasn't in a situation to do that, so I reluctantly accepted the low trade-in offer.

Overall, my experience could have been a lot better. So I do not recommend Mac Haik in Georgetown.

OP
OP

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid from Mac Haik in Georgetown on June 15, 2021. No deposit. I picked it up on November 4, 2022. They honored MSRP.

It was a typical car dealership purchase experience.

The good: I was able to buy a very popular vehicle that I special ordered at MSRP and no deposit.

The bad: The salesperson spent more time away from their desk wheeling and dealing than at their desk with me. The salesperson seemed less concerned with me and more concerned with the sale. They low-balled the amount they gave me for my trade-in vehicle. When I brought in multiple trade-in value quotes, that were 8-10k higher than what the dealership offered me, I was given some spiel about how the used car market is now in decline...blah, blah and told to my face "you should have sold it to one of the [places I got the quotes]." That is insulting. When I went home I got new offers, and they were very close to the same as the offers I had brought in before the purchase. So the salesperson was full of s**t. I understand the dealership had all the leverage. I was buying a very popular vehicle that I ordered, and if I refused the order, the dealership could sell that vehicle with a huge dealer markup. So if I wanted to buy the vehicle I ordered, I either needed to accept the low-ball trade-in offer, or not trade in my vehicle and sell it privately. I wasn't in a situation to do that, so I reluctantly accepted the low trade-in offer.

Overall, my experience could have been a lot better. So I do not recommend Mac Haik in Georgetown.
Thanks for sharing the experience. Had several friends speak about selling to Carvana, and others... hopefully if I get there, there will be an easy place to sell to if they want to low ball.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The used car market has declined. I just traded my used Edge for a Rogue. Carmax and Carvana were 25% below KBB cash offer. Dealer was 8% below but the hassle and sales tax delta didn't make it worth messing with. So if the dealer isn't hitting your minimum, why wouldn't you just sell to who put the offer in? Don't see that as insulting, just a legit question. They can't match, so take the trade elsewhere. Seems reasonable.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The used car market has declined. I just traded my used Edge for a Rogue. Carmax and Carvana were 25% below KBB cash offer. Dealer was 8% below but the hassle and sales tax delta didn't make it worth messing with. So if the dealer isn't hitting your minimum, why wouldn't you just sell to who put the offer in? Don't see that as insulting, just a legit question. They can't match, so take the trade elsewhere. Seems reasonable.
Seems reasonable, but it didn't work for my situation. I wanted the money from the trade-in/sale for my down payment on the Maverick and can't be without a vehicle. I legitimately thought the dealership would offer me close to the other offers but they were $10k off.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems reasonable, but it didn't work for my situation. I wanted the money from the trade-in/sale for my down payment on the Maverick and can't be without a vehicle. I legitimately thought the dealership would offer me close to the other offers but they were $10k off.
Not a judgment when I ask, but could you not hit pause, go sell it to the other offer, and come back to finalize? Seems like it would have been a few hours to a day of disruption.

Azolyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue AWD XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought my Maverick from the Mac Haik dealer. They sold me my Maverick for MSRP. I would also try Leif Johnson. I did a test drive with them and they told me they don’t charge over msrp.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not a judgment when I ask, but could you not hit pause, go sell it to the other offer, and come back to finalize? Seems like it would have been a few hours to a day of disruption.
The offers were from the likes of Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax. None of those purchase offer transactions happen that quickly in a matter of hours. It's a week or two process. So to answer your question, no, pausing wouldn't have worked.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought my Maverick from the Mac Haik dealer. They sold me my Maverick for MSRP. I would also try Leif Johnson. I did a test drive with them and they told me they don’t charge over msrp.
Yes, if you read my original post, I said that Mac Haik sold my Maverick to me for MSRP and no deposit. That was the positive aspect of the experience.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The offers were from the likes of Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax. None of those purchase offer transactions happen that quickly in a matter of hours. It's a week or two process. So to answer your question, no, pausing wouldn't have worked.
What's done is done, sorry it wasn't a great experience.

When I sold my Cherokee to Carmax it was like a 3 hour process. Granted that as 6 years ago. But it was quick FYI.
Sponsored