First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can i suggest that folks contact the dealer first rather than 40,000 calls to Ford Customer Service. Ain’t that what the dealers are supposed to Do.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can i suggest that folks contact the dealer first rather than 40,000 calls to Ford Customer Service. Ain’t that what the dealers are supposed to Do. If your goal is to teach Ford a lesson of some type we will loose the open line / chat.
IMO this is stupid -

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can i suggest that folks contact the dealer first rather than 40,000 calls to Ford Customer Service. Ain’t that what the dealers are supposed to Do. If your goal is to teach Ford a lesson of some type we will loose the open line / chat.
IMO this is stupid -
Fair point. I updated the original post to suggest calling the dealer first for an update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO this is stupid -
Just because dealers are supposed to keep us informed doesn't mean they will.

There is literally no incentive for them to inform me of anything other than "your truck is here, come pay for it" (they get money) or "your truck got pushed to a 2023, come on in and update your order" (they eventually get money).

Anything else they say risks them getting hate from an angry customer if the situation changes. Why risk that?

They are not my friends, this is a business arrangement.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

There is literally no incentive for them to inform me of anything other than "your truck is here, come pay for it" (they get money) or "your truck got pushed to a 2023, come on in and update your order" (they eventually get money).

Anything else they say risks them getting hate from an angry customer if the situation changes. Why risk that?

What you are describing is the difference between dealers that will not survive the change over to a build to specification world and certainly not in the EV world as currently defined by TESLA. If the Chapmans and Long Mcarthur’s of the world want to sell 1.000’s of cars they need to focus on customer service. You don’t really think that @fordvideoguy is on-line two nights a week cause he has no family to see at home. He is setting Long McAthur up to be one of the largest Ford Blue and EV dealers in the country. I have spent the last 50 years dealing in customer service and the word gets out and it pays for itself. My next Ford (thinking Mach-e ) will be purchased from Tim Bartz.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You forgot the third option.

"Oh there was an issue with your order and we need to cancel/move to 2023/charge you more." Dealer then proceed to sell truck with $5k+ markup

Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What you are describing is the difference between dealers that will not survive the change over to a build to specification world and certainly not in the EV world as currently defined by TESLA. If the Chapmans and Long Mcarthur’s of the world want to sell 1.000’s of cars they need to focus on customer service. You don’t really think that @fordvideoguy is on-line two nights a week cause he has no family to see at home. He is setting Long McAthur up to be one of the largest Ford Blue and EV dealers in the country. I have spent the last 50 years dealing in customer service and the word gets out and it pays for itself. My next Ford (thinking Mach-e ) will be purchased from Tim Bartz.
Had I known then what I know now I would have ordered from Long Mcarthur, even though it's a cross country trip to go pick it up.

The dealers that aren't leaning into the build to order model aren't going to be around long term, you are right about that.

My point still stands though. Most dealers don't keep their customers informed. If they did the majority of us wouldn't be relying on Tim's videos and forums like this for our information.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Why?! Cause it is their job to answer any and all questions about the second biggest purchase of our life. They are in customer service, if they don’t want to do their job they should go get another one.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why?! Cause it is their job to answer any and all questions about the second biggest purchase of our life. They are in customer service, if they don’t want to do their job they should go get another one.
Their job is to sell cars. Some do their best to build a relationship hoping you'll come back for future purchases, maintenance, and/or refer friends. Others simply do whatever they feel they need to do to close a sale.

I agree with you, they should keep us informed. Some even will, but there is little motivation for them to do so beyond being a decent human being and whatever corporate culture is in place at the individual dealership.

I don't think my dealer is being deceitful, but won't know for sure till my Maverick comes in.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's the difference. I got further with a 5 min chat on Ford's website than I have with 5 phone conversations with my dealer.
I just did a live chat with Ford on shipping progress of my Mav from late June order. My Mav is sitting at Kansas City, MO rail yard ramp waiting for transport to dealer. Agree, with post above, best and fastest information that I received from Ford since ordering.
Sponsored