Sponsored

Are you Ceramic Coating your Maverick ? Cost ?

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went part of the way, not all the way and bought the Adam’s Polishes Graphene Spray. Claims it lasts 2 years and the application seems to be more suited for an amateur like me.
Sponsored

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be doing a DIY ceramic coating using " The Last Coat". Have been doing this the past few years and will not be going back to waxing.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are many "consumer" grade ceramic (and non-ceramic) coatings available nowadays. Those claim 1-2 years life. Following any decent youtube instruction, anyone should be able to DIY it...
Thanks for the thoughtful write up full of great information.

I've been looking at ceramic coatings and tentatively settled or compromised on Shine Armor's Fortify followed by their Graphene ceramic coating and their Nano Glass treatment. Any thoughts?

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I get it I’ll be doing it myself. Probably CQuartz UK 3.0 topped with Sic.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely am going to put a really good ceramic coating on mine, but not for at least six months after I get it. I want to make sure this brand new paint is fully cured. And all the gases or whatever have breathed out of the paint. I love detailing, actually, very satisfying and frees up your mind.
By no means am I an expert at detailing but I thought that a factory paint does not need to cure. At least that is what I've learned from watching YT videos of those that do detailing for a living.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went part of the way, not all the way and bought the Adam’s Polishes Graphene Spray. Claims it lasts 2 years and the application seems to be more suited for an amateur like me.
That's the stuff I used on both of my Harleys, it's great stuff. I will also use it on my Maverick, once Ford decides to grace me with it. 🤣🤣🤣

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to have it done at some point. I'd do it myself but I don't wanna.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Younglefthander!
Ha, funny that's how I know what I know, from reading and watching YT videos. But I have purchased a couple of brand new cars over the years. And just from my own experience, the paint definitely gets harder over the first few months. So really basing my decision to wait a bit before coating from my own real world observations.

Additionally, if a detail shop that wants to take make money (and who doesn't?) suuuure, they will say there is no need to wait. And theoretically there is a much higher probability of better results, if you do it right away. No time for any mishaps to occur.
I'm still going to wait before coating, try to leave it in the sun a bit more than I normally would in the beginning.
If these trucks are being built in one day, I don't see how the paint can magically cure given that time-frame.

Of course I could be 100% wrong! Just sharing my point of view. I try to watch really experienced OCD type of Detailer videos. Less so the Detailer videos that are about growing your business and making more money. Quality vs self promotion.

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the thoughtful write up full of great information.

I've been looking at ceramic coatings and tentatively settled or compromised on Shine Armor's Fortify followed by their Graphene ceramic coating and their Nano Glass treatment. Any thoughts?
I consider myself a "weekend warrior" as far as car detailing goes. I'm by no means a pro or highly experienced. I just play with my cars in my garage and spend my hard earned money on car detailing products. So here's my humble opinion/answer to your question.

To begin, you're already doing more than most people by applying some way of paint protection and caring for it. That, by itself, guarantees better results in the long run.

As far as chemicals go, I cannot tell how good Shine Armor's Fortify and all it's sibling products are. But I have tested it, and in my opinion, it does not last too long.

Of course, that is not a ceramic coating, but it has some degree of water rejection and acts as a protective layer for your clear coat. As long as you keep your paint protected and maintained, you should be good. Just keep in mind their advertised duration is the best case scenario and elements will quickly wear it off. Probably application once a month could be a good measure.

I'll leave further product recommendations to the pros in this forum.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I consider myself a "weekend warrior" as far as car detailing goes. I'm by no means a pro or highly experienced. I just play with my cars in my garage and spend my hard earned money on car detailing products. So here's my humble opinion/answer to your question.

To begin, you're already doing more than most people by applying some way of paint protection and caring for it. That, by itself, guarantees better results in the long run.

As far as chemicals go, I cannot tell how good Shine Armor's Fortify and all it's sibling products are. But I have tested it, and in my opinion, it does not last too long.

Of course, that is not a ceramic coating, but it has some degree of water rejection and acts as a protective layer for your clear coat. As long as you keep your paint protected and maintained, you should be good. Just keep in mind their advertised duration is the best case scenario and elements will quickly wear it off. Probably application once a month could be a good measure.

I'll leave further product recommendations to the pros in this forum.
Thanks for the information.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Younglefthander!
Ha, funny that's how I know what I know, from reading and watching YT videos. But I have purchased a couple of brand new cars over the years. And just from my own experience, the paint definitely gets harder over the first few months. So really basing my decision to wait a bit before coating from my own real world observations.

Additionally, if a detail shop that wants to take make money (and who doesn't?) suuuure, they will say there is no need to wait. And theoretically there is a much higher probability of better results, if you do it right away. No time for any mishaps to occur.
I'm still going to wait before coating, try to leave it in the sun a bit more than I normally would in the beginning.
If these trucks are being built in one day, I don't see how the paint can magically cure given that time-frame.

Of course I could be 100% wrong! Just sharing my point of view. I try to watch really experienced OCD type of Detailer videos. Less so the Detailer videos that are about growing your business and making more money. Quality vs self promotion.
Thanks for the info. I don't know the painting process Ford uses, but don't most manufacturers run under or through heat lamps spaces to accelerate the paint curing? I know on Refining piping we lay it out in the Texas sun a few days to accelerate curing of epoxy paint.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to have it done at some point. I'd do it myself but I don't wanna.
We all catch the "Don't Wanna" disease from time to time. The only cure is to keep telling yourself you're fix'n to get 'round to it. Either you'll get tired of telling yourself that and get up to get'r done, or take it to the shop and have them just do it. :D

jpage8645

First Name
Jeremy Page
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1973 Maverick, 2012 Tundra, 2020 F250
I went ahead and got a quote for ceramic coating just to see... it was $1500 and therefore not worth it for me given I'll be taking my truck to the motocross track and loading a dirtbike in it weekly, etc. However, I did see Carbon_Mav on here with his build thread that used Carpro Hydro2 that I picked up on Amazon... just tried it out on the new vehicle that arrived today and used my pressure washer to apply the coating after misting the panels. Looks amazing and for the price a nice tradeoff that will only take an application every so often to keep the paint and truck looking brand new.

Before... (truck was dirty to be fair).. first pic
Second pic - wash and carpro hydro2lite

image_50440193.JPG

First Wash.JPG
I got a quote for $650....I be doing mine next Monday

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a quote for $650....I be doing mine next Monday
Good job, it's great looking. Thanks for the information. I wonder if it would be ok to apply a graphene ceramic and follow with the Carpro Hydro2 once a month or so?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. I don't know the painting process Ford uses, but don't most manufacturers run under or through heat lamps spaces to accelerate the paint curing? I know on Refining piping we lay it out in the Texas sun a few days to accelerate curing of epoxy paint.
Wouldn't the weeks/months-long delay between build and actual delivery be part of this curing process? I wouldn't see an issue with coating a new car since it's not like you're picking it up right from the assembly line that day.
Sponsored