Sponsored

Anyone reconsidering their order / purchase?

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
I love the idea of the Maverick, but I'm starting to think it might be too small, especially for the price of a Lariat 2.0 FX4.
Sponsored

Bellimar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rad rover fat bike
I'm one of the lucky few that has a hybrid scheduled to be built on Sept 20th. However due to my circumstances I might try to grab one off the lot if they show up in September.
If none show up might go with a Subaru.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
After sitting in a bronco sport and feeling how narrow it was I might have to go with an escape as a fam car where my knees fit inside comfortably

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the idea of the Maverick, but I'm starting to think it might be too small, especially for the price of a Lariat 2.0 FX4.
Personally, I believe that once you start getting into a lariat with packages added on, you're too close to a ranger in price so you might as well look into those too. For me, the sweet spot is an optioned XLT.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope.

I am enjoying the anticipation.

Hell, when youā€™re my age anticipation is often more exciting then the final event itā€™s self.

Last edited:

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Yup
Because my bronco is in limbo. Donā€™t know how long I will have the Maverick. I am a little worried that the 2.0 is going to be slow. The Maverick is probably just going to be a place holder until the bronco comes šŸ˜’

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Nope.

I shopped the midsize truck market back in 2018. I chose Tacoma because it offered the most features and was $42K and STILL doesn't have all the features my loaded Lariat spec'd Maverick. It ended up being full of problems. All the midsize trucks, from all manufacturers, are riding on dated platforms, some dating back to 2000. I will not touch another midsize truck until they are all seriously updated. I'll take my loaded Lariat Maverick at $38K and enjoy modern features. All next generation midsize trucks are only going to get more expensive. They are all tight cabs (most even tighter than Maverick specs) and overpriced for their age and what you get when you start comparing side-by-side for 3 years like I did. If you need more towing, or interior room, get a half-ton and skip the midsize until they are updated.

Last edited:

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
The only thing I have been reconsidering is the color. I am pretty big though so it will be disappointing if I don't fit well in it. I'm lucky enough to have a decent running suv and an old Ford Ranger for lumber and whatnot. I don't mind waiting this time, but normally I have the Amazon mentality of "I want it yesterday..."

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For all those on the fence, please bail out! More for the rest of us and it should help streamline the scheduling, production, delivery processes for faster arrival for actual paying customers :p

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. There isnā€™t another vehicle that I want that offers what the hybrid Maverick offers. For the price, fuel efficiency and capability for what it is IMHO is unbeatable.

Iā€™ll wait as long as it takes until I get it.

As soon as I ordered my Maverick I sold my 2006 F150. If it wasnā€™t for the Maverick coming out I would of just kept that hugh gas hog and never drove it much but kept it for when I occasionally needed a truck.

With the Maverick it will be my daily driver and used as a truck for my occasional truck use days.

Last edited:

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm considering (likely) cancelling my order with the dealership here in Atlanta and taking advantage of one of the offers here on the forum from another city.

I placed my order June 28th. July 1st I emailed the dealer wanting to make a few changes and he said he'd get on it.

Hadn't heard anything from Ford, so I emailed the dealer this week to see what he was hearing and to ask about pricing (doc fee, etc.). I told him about the other offers available.

He came back at MSRP + 899 doc fee and OH BY THE WAY they had never updated my order on July 1, would I just prefer to add those items with aftermarket parts?

I'm a bit steamed. I wasn't in a particular hurry to get the truck, but I ordered early so I wouldn't be in the back of the line either. Best I can tell, MSRP + $899 doc fee is about $2500 more than I'd pay at Invoice - 4% + $394 doc.