Sponsored

Anyone Have The Topper / Canopy Installed?

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not seen one in person yet, but does anyone know if the cap is sealed well enough to the cab to leave the topper front window opened/removed?

Thanks, HRG
It looked like it was sealed around the rear brake like as it's molded to fit the cab. Looks like it's sealed if it's not sealed then the water has no where to go
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cap doesn’t seal to the cab at all. It seals around the bed, just as if it were on a truck that has a separate bed. It’s just very CLOSE to the cab, so in pics it isn’t clear that it’s not sealed there. But it is, and it has it’s own glass, and it’s glass can fold down internally so you can clean between the glasses just like other premium tops on non-unibody trucks.

Basically, this does NOT work like the caps on the first gen Ridgeline, it works just like caps on all normal pickup trucks.
Thanks!
HRG

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looked like it was sealed around the rear brake like as it's molded to fit the cab. Looks like it's sealed if it's not sealed then the water has no where to go
It looks that way from pics, but that’s not how it is. It’s just a very nice fit but no actual seal, and water just runs around the edges at the bottom. But yes, water most assuredly can get between the cap and the cab.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks that way from pics, but that’s not how it is. It’s just a very nice fit but no actual seal, and water just runs around the edges at the bottom. But yes, water most assuredly can get between the cap and the cab.
Then it's going to be a fish tank between the windows there is nowhere the water can drain off

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then it's going to be a fish tank between the windows there is nowhere the water can drain off
No it’s not. I’ve had mine in the rain. It runs out the sides. I can’t be more clear in this.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No it’s not. I’ve had mine in the rain. It runs out the sides. I can’t be more clear in this.
As clear as an un-mudded lake, as an azure sky in deepest summer.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And in other threads people have said they are waiting for a shell that doesn’t have the rise of the SnugTop and is more flat in line with the roofline, but to that I say DO NOT GET THAT. There is no world where you’ll be happy with how little you can see out your rear view mirror. Basically plan to just remove your rear view mirror and install a PERMANENTLY ON backup camera if you do that. And even then, well, your storage height is going to be TERRIBLE. It’s already VERY low. I don’t think people can grasp how small a Maverick bed is until you see one, and you REALLY can’t grasp this shell situation until you see one. I simply can’t imagine the usefulness of a shell that’s 2” shorter than this one.

But then again I think tonneau covers are the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on a truck, so YMMV.

-Donnie
Hey Donnie, could you please measure the height from the bed to the cap? Thanks!

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Donnie, could you please measure the height from the bed to the cap? Thanks!
The cap is 19” from the top of the rail. The cab is 15” from the top of the rail *at the very back*. But there’s like an inch of drop from what’s really the “flat” part of the top to that rear edge, so I’d really say the SnugTop is really 3” taller than what I’d think you really want in a “flat top” if that was your desire. It’ll be interesting to see what the top companies end up going with as their flat top height, anyway.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cap is 19” from the top of the rail. The cab is 15” from the top of the rail *at the very back*. But there’s like an inch of drop from what’s really the “flat” part of the top to that rear edge, so I’d really say the SnugTop is really 3” taller than what I’d think you really want in a “flat top” if that was your desire. It’ll be interesting to see what the top companies end up going with as their flat top height, anyway.
Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm also looking forward to seeing what ARE and others come out with.

MaverickQC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look at this. It is the Fibrobec / ARE that i just Receive yesterday !!

Ford Maverick Anyone Have The Topper /  Canopy Installed? VideoCapture_20221209-194238

Ford Maverick Anyone Have The Topper /  Canopy Installed? 20221209_193526

Sponsored

Montykeel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011Escape Hybrid and 2022 XL Poverty Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@MaverickQC Could get us a measurement from the floor of the truck bed to the bottom of the topper roof? You may have posted a picture of the inside but it didn't load on my phone.

MaverickQC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its 35 inchs from the bed Floor to the toproof. Its 55inch width

MaverickQC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
7 Weeks. But now its about 12 Weeks. I ordored mine end of octobre and Receive it yesterday

MaverickQC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a flat top from fibrobec and i think it looks way cleaner than the midrise!!

Ford Maverick Anyone Have The Topper /  Canopy Installed? 20221209_193526

Ford Maverick Anyone Have The Topper /  Canopy Installed? VideoCapture_20221209-194216
Sponsored