Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
  • Banned
Barely an issue but… just noticed this morning.

Ford Maverick Anyone have the side plastic warping? 140AC354-6DEE-4341-BC42-458368193CAA

Ford Maverick Anyone have the side plastic warping? F3468944-3E0A-4EBE-BB2A-D1126AD6ACFD

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Although minor, I hate to see that this so early in the life of the truck. I presume there is no way the mod of bed topper, etc. could have somehow contributed??

OP
OP
KenC

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
  • Banned
Although minor, I hate to see that this so early in the life of the truck. I presume there is no way the mod of bed topper, etc. could have somehow contributed??
That’s the first thing I thought. The clamping points are not close to it so I’m going to say no. Plus the other side is fine. I will take the rack off though and see if it reforms.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see that you are from Earth. If your part of the earth is like GA right now it is hot. It may be possible that high air temperature plus sun beating down could cause expansion between the clamps. The greater distance between clamps, the more likely it could happen. Just a possibility I am throwing out there.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I might be the easiest to please person on this website.

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My bed trim looks just like yours. Thought it might be bracket for the tonneau cover on my Maverick when I first saw it.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bracketry mounted on the truck is not allowing the plastic to expand in the heat it normally would so it is compensating in the direction of least resistance.

OP
OP
KenC

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
  • Banned
The bracketry mounted on the truck is not allowing the plastic to expand in the heat it normally would so it is compensating in the direction of least resistance.
I took the rack and tonneau off. I’ll see if it returns to shape.

OP
OP
KenC

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I dont think that is it. Looking at the part online, it appears that there might be no structural reinforcement at that point. When it gets really bad or destroyed Ill replace it and check for sure. My neighbor is an engineer and he doesnt see how the bed rack could have done it. The other side is fine.

Sponsored

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it doesn’t go back you might “carefully “ try a heat gun and press it back in line.

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Looks like a warranty claim. If the rack was installed by dealer. I would see that everyday now. Dont use heat gun, it will discolor the plastic and be even worst.

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont think that is it. Looking at the part online, it appears that there might be no structural reinforcement at that point. When it gets really bad or destroyed Ill replace it and check for sure. My neighbor is an engineer and he doesnt see how the bed rack could have done it. The other side is fine.
Same……..one side only

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had the same problem, looks like the exact same area. I took my cover rails off and left it out in the sun all day on a job site and it laid back down. I had installed the cover in January and I saw this weird warp after the first really hot sunny day, so I took a chance. So far - so good, be interesting to see if it stays down all summer and if so what it does next winter......

OP
OP
KenC

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I had the same problem, looks like the exact same area. I took my cover rails off and left it out in the sun all day on a job site and it laid back down. I had installed the cover in January and I saw this weird warp after the first really hot sunny day, so I took a chance. So far - so good, be interesting to see if it stays down all summer and if so what it does next winter......
Do you remember if there was any "structure support" on the plastic rail? I see the little extra molded parts on the backside of the rail and am curious of this spot is missing that extra structure. I haven't brought mine in yet assuming it will get worse when it gets really hot this summer.
Sponsored