Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Revisiting this thread:
Anyone see woot.com today? :)
Joytutus 42Qt/12v fridge on sale for $260 (rougly 32ish for fridge, 10 for freeze).Normally $330.

The Ford one is only 18 Qt.
1/3rd the price, twice the size. Seems like it might be a good deal, so I went ahead and ordered one myself :)
Got my Joytutus one today. Its a bit big so its going in the Bronco. The ancient Victor one will be in the Maverick. It has a freezer section, but you can set the temp so its just a fridge section, too. Perfect for road tripping. :)
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those of you that will get their Mavericks, with the 110V in the bed, as well as in the back seat console. Are you planning to get a mini fridge for camping, or after riding your bikes? If you are planning to get one, will it be one that seats on the floor of the back seat? Or will you get one that can be bolt and lock on the bed?
I saw a nice one advertised that I'm thinking about. Looks like a 10 gal cooler with wheels and could go in or out. Takes 25 watts.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 110/12v ref I have used for years. The problem I have IS it only holds a internal temperature 15 degrees below the ambient temperature. I do not believe it will work very well in the bed under a tonneau cover. I plan on using the 110 out let with a 12v converter and putting it on the back seat. I have looked at the newer ones and some are just too big. What we do is put cold beverages at the start of the day and refill as we go take a soda out put a soda in. By rotating we always have a cold beverage. When we stop For gas we get cups of ice for our travel cups. Mine holds a bout 18 beverages my insulin for a week, sausage, cheese and condiments. Do not get sucked in that bigger is better. Ours is a igloo and no longer in their catalog. We put it behind the drivers seat that way the passenger can recline or reach in while we drive along. Good luck with your search ours is very quite while it is being used in the car. We have used it in a Ford E250, Ford Explorer, Mercury Cougar, Honda Accord and other cars. It works off the cigarette lighter in the car and the converter in the hotel.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those of you that will get their Mavericks, with the 110V in the bed, as well as in the back seat console. Are you planning to get a mini fridge for camping, or after riding your bikes? If you are planning to get one, will it be one that seats on the floor of the back seat? Or will you get one that can be bolt and lock on the bed?
I have one on my wish list on Amazon. 23 quarts and it only takes 40 watts. No sweat for the bed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08G1BBBQW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=AWA4NAV5T95KM&psc=1#

Sponsored

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I run a dometic fridge with a Jackey 500. The Fridge will ring 65 hours on the Jackery battery. The hackery Charles when driving via the 12V plus or 110 V plug. This way you always have power when camping and no need to worry about food spoiling when parked in the hot sun

Sometime I keep a bag of ice cubes in the fridge bottom for drinks.

For occasional use, a good cooler and ice works well and freezing water bottles for block ice will last through a week end.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread has been going for a while, but I have a small 12V fridge and it works okay if the drinks are already cold going in and you don't want them ice-cold & it isn't outside in the summer. Basically you ghet a 4x4 inch square in the back that gets below frreezing if the fridge is indoors. I have trouble thinking a large unit would work well at all. If your fridge at home has an ice maker, none of these will work as well as dumping a load of ice in a regular cooler. If you want it for extended time away, I doubt you really want to run your truck just to cool a six-pack.

And seconding don't try to run an AC powered minifridge, you'll blow the DC fuse at startup.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a plug in cooler in my Amazon Wishlist. It only takes 40 watts. Waiting till my mav gets here.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a plug in cooler in my Amazon Wishlist. It only takes 40 watts. Waiting till my mav gets here.
I have a 23qt 12 volt compressor fridge and it's very efficient. It pulls 40 watts DC for about 15 minutes per hour with ambient temps in the 70's. No more water logged food from melted ice.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't buy a thermoelectric cooler because they will only cool down about 40 degrees from ambient temperature. On a hot day of 90 to 100 degrees it will only cool down to 50-60 degrees which doesn't cut it IMO. My 12 volt compressor fridge keeps things nice and cold. I have it set at 34 degrees, it goes up to 38 and back to 34.

I had a thermoelectric years ago and I ended up only using it as a food warmer and not a cooler.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any of em with a compressor will do great. Ive had one in my bronco as a center console for years. It runs better off 110(cause it was cheap) so it runs off a inverter that is also handy. It could kill the battery overnight camping but for those times just hook a 50 watt solar panel to the battery and slap it on the hood. I have a older and perhaps better(it cost $150 more and is thicker and bigger) fridge that I will put in the back of the Maverick. So far my plan is wire up a couple small 6v batteries and hide them in the bed cubbie and internal quarter panel space, then put in a small inverter, and a thin flex type solar panel on the roof of the cap. Those Jackery type power stations are conveinent but expensive if you know how to wire(which ones make sparks which ones dont lol).

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't need a 110 for the modern car refrigerators. Just the 12V port and they don't draw that much power. I got this for my Maverick and Sienna to share.
BougeRV Refrigerator https://amzn.to/3DiTZIj

Sponsored

Last edited: