Sponsored

Anyone else's insurance premiums increasing?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in tampa. I called progressive and was given 2 reasonings as to why it went up, inflation in my area and I had a paperless discount or something that only applied to the first policy I had with them (when I got the maverick in October I switched from geico to progressive). I am younger but my record is spotless
I got the same song and dance- 1st time/paperless discount- Our premium when up $100 in 6 months- Insurance is such a racket.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have progressive and pay the full 6 months up front and since November my premium is up by 20%! Could this be due to high repair costs for the Maverick?
It’s called premium creep they creep the numbers up on you expecting you not to notice or to figure it’s from the pandemic or some such other nonsense when really, all you have to do is shop every year or so for a new policy and you’ll get a rock-bottom price for someone who wants to creep you the next year it’s how to keep the creeps from creeping the money out of your creeping wallet Jes sayin

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s called premium creep they creep the numbers up on you expecting you not to notice or to figure it’s from the pandemic or some such other nonsense when really, all you have to do is shop every year or so for a new policy and you’ll get a rock-bottom price for someone who wants to creep you the next year it’s how to keep the creeps from creeping the money out of your creeping wallet Jes sayin
Part of it is lawsuit creep. Friend of mine works in the analytics department at Alfa where they set rates and he said the bulk of their increases that are not weather related are lawsuit related. When Joe Driver hires billboard lawyer over a fender bender, that is more expensive for the insurance companies who pass that along.

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Part of it is lawsuit creep. Friend of mine works in the analytics department at Alfa where they set rates and he said the bulk of their increases that are not weather related are lawsuit related. When Joe Driver hires billboard lawyer over a fender bender, that is more expensive for the insurance companies who pass that along.
Oh, I absolutely agree. Premiums will generally go up and lawsuits are part of it. Also cars get totaled so easily now with parts ridiculously expensive and on back order backordered parts can also total a car do the length of time it takes to get them to repair. It makes sense to shop your policy every year you’ll get a better rate and then it will go up. It’s the cycle of pain. Lol

OP
OP
zach57x

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Believe me I’m well aware. Every 6 months I shop around and I’ve been flip flopping between geico / progressive since I was 18

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We won't even discuss the ridiculous numbers for CA insurance! Three years left and I can move to America somewhere lol, escape the cost of living, taxes, politics and nonsense.

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have three cars (one driven by a teenager) and my premium for all three is roughly $900/6 months. I can't imagine paying so much that I could save $1675/6 months.
I just posted this, and when I got home last night I had a letter from State Farm, my premium for my maverick is going up $21/mo, which represents a nearly 40% increase. :(

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'll be at roughly 1k/year for my Mav once it comes in.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I currently have progressive and pay the full 6 months up front and since November my premium is up by 20%! Could this be due to high repair costs for the Maverick?
the difference between the 22 Maverick XLT Hybrid and the 2018 Escape SEL was $22/year LESS when I made the switch. this year's policy did increase another $72 for the year on the Maverick, but the beater truck went down $96/year and daughter's accord dropped $119/year..........I don't understand it

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Swap carriers from time to time. They all get too comfortable and "rate creep" is real. I just swapped auto and home from State Farm to Vermont Mutual and realized a 20% savings with much better coverage for the home. They will all take you to the cleaners with "Rate Creep" if you let them. Don't let them.

Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe a PHEV hybrid, but regular hybrids generally don't burn.
Yes up two safety recalls for engine fires and the direction to those wait to get fire engines replaced by parking away from house.
Safety recalls Maverick has lots of safety recalls that causes fires. Drilling holes in gas tanks, 12v batteries that go flat quickly and causes unknown.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My rates went down ever so slightly from my previous 2015 VW Touareg TDI. We are talking maybe $20/6-months. They will probably claw it back with an increase next renewal in August.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Progressive. First three months were slightly cheaper than my prior car, a 2006 Prius. Then the renewal came back with a 50% raise so I switched to Geico. Six months later, Geico skyrockets and I switched backed to Progressive. Overall, my rates are still pretty cheap but only switching carriers every six months is annoying.
I wouldn't know about annoyance of switching companies. Been with state farm since 1970. Currently have three vehicles, a residence, and two (myself and wife) medicare plan F supplement policies. WAIT --- I have changed agents 4 times due to them retiring and me moving all with state farm. Pay every six months on all renewals. So rough guess is in 2024 I will make my 300th payment to SF. Think about retirement if you match your insurance payments with 401k (or whatever you have) deposits!!!

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you are in Florida!!that is why! I have lived in vero beach 49 years ,im 68 and have to switch back and forth every 2-3 years ( it sucks) they start out good then every 6 mo it goes up- no claims,only clainm since I was 16 was 2005, for $1,200- dont matter then if ya do make a claim they raise the rate, then drop you ( happened to 2 friends down here) our Ohio friends , have a house here too, but make sure they keep cars insured w/Ohio at 100% less.
dont get me started on homeowners ins!!! ours went up over 200% in the last 3 years, switched to citizens, and was dropped for a new roof we did not need, so now Im paying a monthly "roof" payment, Iike another car payment STINKS !!

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fire wouldn't scare me as much as the electric bill LOL.
I have an Electric vehicle and solar panels. My electric bill is always $8.16 and homeowners insurance was minimal increase just to cover solar panels.
Sponsored