Sponsored

Dealership Premiums: To Pay or Wait?

Would you be willing to pay a $5K premium on top of the sticker price for a readily available truck?

• I think I'd rather get a Toyota Tacoma instead.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TopGunMaverick007

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone,

I recently went to a dealership to check out a Maverick XLT (with Lux Package) and was disappointed to find out that the dealer was charging a $5000/- premium on top of the sticker price, just because the truck was readily available. While I understand that this is becoming more and more common these days, I'm not a fan of paying extra just to appease the dealership.

I'm curious to hear what you guys think about this situation. Have any of you experienced something similar? Do you think it's worth it to pay the extra premium just to have the truck right away, or would you rather wait and avoid the extra cost?

Personally, I'm willing to wait for a better deal. I don't want to feel like I'm being taken advantage of by a dealership, and I believe that there are other options out there that may offer a more reasonable price. Plus, waiting can also give me more time to do research and make sure that the Maverick XLT is the right choice for me.

So, what are your thoughts on this matter? Do you have any advice or suggestions for dealing with dealership premiums? Let's start a discussion and share our experiences.
Ford Maverick Dealership Premiums: To Pay or Wait? IMG_0785
Ford Maverick Dealership Premiums: To Pay or Wait? IMG_0786
Ford Maverick Dealership Premiums: To Pay or Wait? IMG_0787
Sponsored

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on want/need. In November bought Eco Lariat from lot, 5k ADM, negotiated down to 3k.
Was worth it to me to get a mav, still affordable with ADM.
Purchased thinking ordered hybrid would not be built. Got scheduled for 3/28 build.
Selling to Vroom for 9.5k over payoff. 7k profit 3/15.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ask yourself this: would you take $5000 out of your bank account today and set it on fire in the parking lot?

This truck is not worth a penny over MSRP and the Tacoma is insanely old and has terrible mileage.

I would wait.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having owned one for over a year, I can attest it is not worth $1 over MSRP. There are plenty of alternatives out there, unless somehow the Maverick's specs 100% meet unnegotiable needs.
At MSRP, certain trims/add-ons are a good deal. I don't think I got fleeced at all buying my lariat hybrid at MSRP, especially now seeing what it would cost to load up a hybrid with all the things the First Edition came with. But it still feels like an inexpensive vehicle regardless.
If this dealer is charging over $35k for an XLT lux, I'd absolutely let some other sucker take it and look elsewhere

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, I've only had mine for 3 1/2 months and ~4K miles... But I've had zero issues with it, and (for me) it's been worth the the markup I paid above MSRP.

As things stand today, neither of my two hybrids trucks have been selected to be built - and at this rate, they may not get built... Given the number of open hybrid orders placed in Sept 22, and the number of '23 hybrids already built / shipped / delivered, I figure my odds are less than 33% of getting a ''23 hybrid, and maybe 15-16% of getting both.

I figure that I profited (2x) from selling a used vehicle during this time of inflated prices, and the extra money I got for those two was a LOT more than the ADM I spent to get the Maverick. So it's pretty much a "Karma" balance transaction.

If I do miraculously get one of the ordered Mavericks, either my wife or I will continue driving this one. If we are blessed enough to get both of them, there will likely be a nice '22 Area 51 Hybrid First Edition Lariat for sale in Central Texas... (But I'm not holding my breath, and neither should you!)
Sponsored