Sponsored

Anyone else's insurance premiums increasing?

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I currently have progressive and pay the full 6 months up front and since November my premium is up by 20%! Could this be due to high repair costs for the Maverick?
Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have progressive and pay the full 6 months up front and since November my premium is up by 20%! Could this be due to high repair costs for the Maverick?
I suppose. But my premiums actually went down when I sold my 2019 Frontier and bought the 2022 Maverick.

Your insurance agent should be able to tell you why. I get an explanation from my agent (actually his assistant) every time my rates go up...but only because I e-mail and ask "Why?" :)

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on the insurance carrier. I just moved my Mavericks, Kia Niro Hybrid and Motor Home from Allstate to Farm Bureau - same identical coverage and saved $1,675 each 6 months.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Significantly. My first 6 month premium in Dec 2021 was around $310. They're now asking $401...also Progressive.

Worst part is nothing is cheaper.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Progressive. First three months were slightly cheaper than my prior car, a 2006 Prius. Then the renewal came back with a 50% raise so I switched to Geico. Six months later, Geico skyrockets and I switched backed to Progressive. Overall, my rates are still pretty cheap but only switching carriers every six months is annoying.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't be surprised to see homeowners' insurance go WAY up if you have an EV or a hybrid that might catch fire in the garage.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Progressive. First three months were slightly cheaper than my prior car, a 2006 Prius. Then the renewal came back with a 50% raise so I switched to Geico. Six months later, Geico skyrockets and I switched backed to Progressive. Overall, my rates are still pretty cheap but only switching carriers every six months is annoying.
That's been sort of my experience, but usually on a more leisurely 3-ish year cycle. Got a pretty considerable drop in price switching to Geico after getting the Maverick. It's going back up 10.7% this next term, but then again one of the big factors is now less people are working from home and inflation of part costs not just specific to the Maverick.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are you located? In Texas our home and car insurances rates went up 50% due to losses from hurricanes and freezes. It’s ridiculous For those of us without claims in a long time…

OP
OP
zach57x

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am in tampa. I called progressive and was given 2 reasonings as to why it went up, inflation in my area and I had a paperless discount or something that only applied to the first policy I had with them (when I got the maverick in October I switched from geico to progressive). I am younger but my record is spotless

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on the insurance carrier. I just moved my Mavericks, Kia Niro Hybrid and Motor Home from Allstate to Farm Bureau - same identical coverage and saved $1,675 each 6 months.
Ditto, had to move from USAA to State Farm, huge price difference. Replacement value is a big thing though, not just parts cost. Our Mercedes is higher parts cost than the Nissan, but the Nissan being 5 years newer is more expensive to insure.

Mavericks are going UP rather than down in value, at least the hybrids, so not surprising that rates would go up because if you total it, they have to give you replacement value.

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We use Progressive as they were hella cheap when it came time to add the kiddo's. Just quoted my EB Lariat and our premium will increase by a grand total of $4.79/6 months :LOL:. That's not even taking away a 2014 Subaru that a friend is buying.

Reactions: bgn

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't be surprised to see homeowners' insurance go WAY up if you have an EV or a hybrid that might catch fire in the garage.
Maybe a PHEV hybrid, but regular hybrids generally don't burn.

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe a PHEV hybrid, but regular hybrids generally don't burn.
My MIL lives with us and has a Tesla. Guess we like living on the wild side lol!