Sponsored

Anyone else seeing Mavericks “On Hold” at Railyards?

Redbirdfan94

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Carbonite Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure mine is being delivered by Doc Brown. Says it shipped 9/18/2023, estimated delivery date 12/29/1989 - 1/11/1990.

My salesman response, 'Site must be wrong.' Not let me ask around and see if I can track it down, no let me call someone, no 'really, that seems odd'. And not even a Thank You for letting me know or anything.

Ford Chat said clear cache. Yeah, I'm in IT, you think I didn't think of that already, and then try it on 3 different browsers and 2 different computers and a phone. At least Ford Chat let me know it was in Hammond Indiana. But if I have to do all the research and figure this all out, what is the 'dealership' doing to earn their money.

Makes me wish Ford would just pull the plug and go with the Tesla model of car buying. I mean that's basically what I did with the Maverick, I built it myself on the computer and then the guy had to punch it in. If Ford had an Order Button, I'd have clicked it and just done without the middle man. Not like there's that dollar value you pay under sticker or negotiation anymore or at least with this truck. They could have just dropped it off on my Driveway.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure mine is being delivered by Doc Brown. Says it shipped 9/18/2023, estimated delivery date 12/29/1989 - 1/11/1990.

My salesman response, 'Site must be wrong.' Not let me ask around and see if I can track it down, no let me call someone, no 'really, that seems odd'. And not even a Thank You for letting me know or anything.

Ford Chat said clear cache. Yeah, I'm in IT, you think I didn't think of that already, and then try it on 3 different browsers and 2 different computers and a phone. At least Ford Chat let me know it was in Hammond Indiana. But if I have to do all the research and figure this all out, what is the 'dealership' doing to earn their money.

Makes me wish Ford would just pull the plug and go with the Tesla model of car buying. I mean that's basically what I did with the Maverick, I built it myself on the computer and then the guy had to punch it in. If Ford had an Order Button, I'd have clicked it and just done without the middle man. Not like there's that dollar value you pay under sticker or negotiation anymore or at least with this truck. They could have just dropped it off on my Driveway.
Maybe you and I can go in together and get a DeLorean to take delivery of our Mavericks. 😄

Ford Maverick Anyone else seeing Mavericks “On Hold” at Railyards? Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 11.58.57 AM

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you and I can go in together and get a DeLorean to take delivery of our Mavericks. 😄

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 11.58.57 AM.jpeg
DeLoreans were better built cars than they got credit for, but I don't recall ever doing any towing in mine.

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Railyards do not hold vehicles for recall holds, they don't even know about them. Sounds like carrier issues as you said. Worst case scenario is a carrier went bankrupt and it has to wait for court proceedings to allow another carrier to take over. Brides face this when one day a bridal gown company closes and the dresses are held indefinitely.

Sponsored

Red Thunder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a XLT Maverick sitting at rail yard in Illinois. shows delivery 10-15 10-30 in southwest florida

scbucc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Promaster van
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Hybrid made it to the Dealership in Pittsburgh Friday. I picked it up Tuesday.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just Ppicked up a hybrid today. It sat at the rail yard in Houston for about a week. Shipped on 9/4 and delivered at the dealer 9/26. Good luck!

NickyB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is yet-another-recall that involves a software update. But that would likely be done at the dealership after they receive it.

Mines been sitting in the KC rail yard for weeks. :rolleyes:
That is odd. I’ve gotten 3 Mavs with offload at the KC rail yard and the longest I’ve waited is MAYBE 3-4 days max.

Saltwater Cowboys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 1500, 23 CG XTL Lux, 24 SB Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine got delivered Monday. Picked it up today. 🤘

Sponsored

Redbirdfan94

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Carbonite Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 11.58.57 AM.jpeg
I'm thinking the train from BTF 3, lol. I mean it did arrive by rail car. Wonder if yours is sitting with mine. GWRACE was able to tell me its in Blue Island now. So now it sits 20 min away. Makes me want to drive over and see if I can find it. Not that many different rail yards over there.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is odd. I’ve gotten 3 Mavs with offload at the KC rail yard and the longest I’ve waited is MAYBE 3-4 days max.
Being in KC it would make a difference, I'm sure. My dealer is in Ozark, Arkansas.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The answer IS that the Mavericks were switched from United to another carrier. All four, including mine, arrived out of the blue at the dealer late yesterday afternoon.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm thinking the train from BTF 3, lol. I mean it did arrive by rail car. Wonder if yours is sitting with mine. GWRACE was able to tell me its in Blue Island now. So now it sits 20 min away. Makes me want to drive over and see if I can find it. Not that many different rail yards over there.
It looks like it might be waiting for a transfer to IHB. I had to look that one up.
http://www.ihbrr.com/
Sponsored