Sponsored

Anyone else scared to sell their current vehicle this soon?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I'm worried that because it's a stick, when though it's the good transmission, it may not sell well. Maybe I oughta cut the exhaust and sell it to a teenager?
A teenager today who can drive a stick?
Remember a manual is a millennial anti theft device.
Sponsored

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my Ranger, thought I would buy a beater and drive it until my Maverick got built. Problem is with this crazy market people want $5k for a beater with 200k mikes on it. So I am just driving my old 94 mustang GT until my truck gets built.

801Mav

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf VW Alltrack
I'm so conflicted on this topic and don't know what to do. I have Vroom and Carmax quotes at like 22k right now for my accord I bought nearly 4 years ago for 24.7k. I have no other car at the moment and not sure what I would do to hold me over. Mav build week of 9/13. Ughhhhh

See my notes above. I did end up selling and finding a cheap car for the meantime.

But also, Budget Rentals in my area does have a long term rental option. You can get a Gladiator/Tacoma/Ram at like 700 a month. If you are confident in the delivery date that could be an option. It was a special division, you would email the company in your area.

801Mav

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf VW Alltrack
I sold my Ranger, thought I would buy a beater and drive it until my Maverick got built. Problem is with this crazy market people want $5k for a beater with 200k mikes on it. So I am just driving my old 94 mustang GT until my truck gets built.

Yup, I had to spend 5k on my beater. Hopefully it will sell well in the fall.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See my notes above. I did end up selling and finding a cheap car for the meantime.

But also, Budget Rentals in my area does have a long term rental option. You can get a Gladiator/Tacoma/Ram at like 700 a month. If you are confident in the delivery date that could be an option. It was a special division, you would email the company in your area.
So I have been searching FB Marketplace, Craigslist and everything in between for a decent beater to hold me over. It goes without saying there's next to nothing, and what is there is sky high. I actually looked at Budget Rentals today. Just not sure if that's the right call. I'm certainly not confident in anything until my dealer texts me a pic of my truck being unloaded at the lot. Haha

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Leggo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, 1988 Mitsubishi Starion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A teenager today who can drive a stick?
My 16 year old daughter drive a Jeep TJ 5 speed, and my son is looking for something with a manual as well. They're getting hard to find though.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got a crazy offer for my Tundra. So good I almost have to accept it. I’m nervous though. I don’t have another vehicle other then a work truck. I can buy a beater but I’m nervous as heck going this deep before even seeing one in person. Anyone else jump in with both feet yet?
I ordered one, but my car already is a beater, so no advantage to selling now; however, I helped my mom with selling her Ram to Vroom for a high number and talked her into ordering a Maverick.
She had another vehicle to use in the meantime, so it worked out.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Carvana offered like 5k for my Focus. I might just sell it to them but trading it to Ford would be so much easier even if I get a little less money.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
I ordered on the June 9th and sold my commuter on June 11th thinking I would have the Maverick by the end of September. I'm stuck driving my OBS lifted F150. I went from 50 mpg to 13 mpg, and not scheduled yet... Got a great price ($2K over Private party list) for my Toyota but losing my azz on gas daily driving my truck.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered on the June 9th and sold my commuter on June 11th thinking I would have the Maverick by the end of September. I'm stuck driving my OBS lifted F150. I went from 50 mpg to 13 mpg, and not scheduled yet... Got a great price ($2K over Private party list) for my Toyota but losing my azz on gas daily driving my truck.
You CANNOT say OBS lifted f150 without sharing pictures!
Sponsored