Sponsored

Anyone else scared to sell their current vehicle this soon?

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still have my civic to get around, but sold my 2011 Acadia in less than 24 hours after posting on FB. It's a good time to sell used. I can still pull my fishing boat with my 1971 GMC (showcased) until the Maverick arrives.
Sponsored

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not scared but a little hesitant due to unknown production schedule. I guess it depends on the quality of the offers.
Ford Maverick Anyone else scared to sell their current vehicle this soon? 2002 F150 XLT2

Last edited:

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve got a crazy offer for my Tundra. So good I almost have to accept it. Iā€™m nervous though. I donā€™t have another vehicle other then a work truck. I can buy a beater but Iā€™m nervous as heck going this deep before even seeing one in person. Anyone else jump in with both feet yet?
I ordered one Friday and it was discounted 4% off MSRP plus my trade in value, the DOC fee was $199.. I downsized from an F150 Lariat 2014. I ordered a Hybrid Lariat with the First Edition Package. They offered me $28,000 on my truck with 52,500 miles. I didn't want to sell it later because of the tax savings of almost $2K. I have another vehicle, my wife's!

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve got a crazy offer for my Tundra. So good I almost have to accept it. Iā€™m nervous though. I donā€™t have another vehicle other then a work truck. I can buy a beater but Iā€™m nervous as heck going this deep before even seeing one in person. Anyone else jump in with both feet yet?
Yep, me! I am without a truck, but have another vehicle to get me by.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers are so starved for Mach-E inventory that I'm getting offers on mine that are more than what I paid. So if one of them secures me an Ecoboost Mav or a lightly used F-150, I'm absolutely cashing out.

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm a little apprehensive trading in my Escape. It has relatively low miles. It's like do I really want to trade something in that will be paid off in a couple years to take on a new car? Sometimes it's about what you want vs what you really need. I wasn't even thinking about trading my Escape in until I was at the dealers getting some wheels put on and I saw a Maverick sitting outside. Seriously if the dealers weren't offering me an insane amount of money for my trade in, I wouldn't even have considered it. But when they are offering me like $3k less than what I paid for it new 3-1/2 years ago, it's hard to pass up. High trade in values on used cars probably won't last. They are predicting they will start to drop around the beginning of summer.

Ford Maverick Anyone else scared to sell their current vehicle this soon? profileescape

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a little apprehensive trading in my Escape. It has relatively low miles. It's like do I really want to trade something in that will be paid off in a couple years to take on a new car? Sometimes it's about what you want vs what you really need. I wasn't even thinking about trading my Escape in until I was at the dealers getting some wheels put on and I saw a Maverick sitting outside. Seriously if the dealers weren't offering me an insane amount of money for my trade in, I wouldn't even have considered it. But when they are offering me like $3k less than what I paid for it new 3-1/2 years ago, it's hard to pass up. High trade in values on used cars probably won't last. They are predicting they will start to drop around the beginning of summer.

profileescape.jpg
After ordering my Mav in June, I sold my 2019 Ranger in July for pretty much what I paid for it two years earlier. I thought that inflated used car prices would very soon go bye-bye. But they didn't; they're still here.
With supply-chain issues ongoing and with new COVID variants still originating, the non-availability of new vehicles (and thus high used-vehicle prices) could linger well beyond summer. This all said, you made the right choice, IMO.

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

profileescape.jpg
That is a great looking Escape! If the Escape is meeting all your needs, itā€™s a matter of going into debt again. Of course if you are like me and do trade today, will you be able to go for a period of time without a replacement? I was told 10 to 12 week wait. But reading this forum, folks ordered in June 2021 are just now receiving them. Soā€¦.can you do without your Escape?

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is a great looking Escape! If the Escape is meeting all your needs, itā€™s a matter of going into debt again. Of course if you are like me and do trade today, will you be able to go for a period of time without a replacement? I was told 10 to 12 week wait. But reading this forum, folks ordered in June 2021 are just now receiving them. Soā€¦.can you do without your Escape?
Thanks. It's a base S model so it has the 2.5L motor and FWD. I only have a bit over 31K on it now. The wheels as you may have noticed are the style used on the 2013-2016's. I didn't like the newer 17" wheels on the 2017-2019. I like it's simplicity. No start stop. No electronic safety gadgets. It even has a CD player (they omitted them in the Escapes for 2019 & up).

One reason I was going to get a Maverick is that I would get AWD and a more useful pickup bed to haul nasty stuff and taller items that I won't or can't put inside my Escape.

I ordered my Escape 11/1 Haven't heard anything yet. Never got any emails from Ford. Going to go to the dealer today to ask him if any updates and about the spray in bed liner constaint ( I ordered an XLT w/Lux pkg)

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a new 2018 Kia Sorento LX 2.4 FWD in 2018 (duh?) for $24,500 (sticker was $31,400, I got a good deal). I sold it to Carvana in November for $25,300. It was almost 4 years old, but it did have a little under 31k miles. Right now my wife and I are making due with her car and my state owned vehicle I use for work only. I just ordered my Maverick XLT AWD Monday, hopefully we can make it with what we have until it arrives. I just couldn't pass up selling a nearly four year old vehicle for more than I paid for it.

Sponsored

jodiemon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
elon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cactus grey xlt maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you got time, carmax just bought my 2015 focus for 1,000 less than what I paid for it 5 years ago. They wouldn't do that if these used car prices aren't here to stay any time soon

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a new 2018 Kia Sorento LX 2.4 FWD in 2018 (duh?) for $24,500 (sticker was $31,400, I got a good deal). I sold it to Carvana in November for $25,300. It was almost 4 years old, but it did have a little under 31k miles. Right now my wife and I are making due with her car and my state owned vehicle I use for work only. I just ordered my Maverick XLT AWD Monday, hopefully we can make it with what we have until it arrives. I just couldn't pass up selling a nearly four year old vehicle for more than I paid for it.
Yup. Like you, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sell my pick-up when the selling was good. I ordered the Mav in June and sold the pick-up in July, getting pretty much what I paid for it two years earlier. Delivery of my Mav is scheduled for the first week in Feb (fingers-crossed!). Will say two things. First, my wife and I are blessed to have 4 other vehicles to use during the long wait. This was important given that the expected Oct 2021 delivery got pushed back 4 months. Second, I've learned just how much I miss having a pick-up truck! It's so damn useful, covering most every aspect of domestic life.

Roll-Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Celica, Pilot
I miss this celica commercial where the dog ran into it parked and the slogan was it even looks fast....that was funny as hell...probably wouldnt go over today.

I'm keeping my 05 Celica that I've pretty much driven like I will the Mav. 2k towing, added a trailer hitch, harbor freight trailer, hauled crap to Nascar and Football games, lumber, insulation. It's amazing what you can fit in that hatchback.
Sponsored