Sponsored

Anyone Else Getting Looks Wherever They Go?

bomberxl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL, Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, nothing. Not even from other Maverick owners.
Sponsored

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an old man stop his truck, back up into my trash can accidentally and knock it over just so he could talk to me about the Maverick when I was doing yard work, this was two days ago.

I had someone taking a picture of the car. At walmart I had a couple standing around it checking ti out. I've had someone give me thumbs up and be like nice truck!

The attention is a little unwanted. But I understand.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once in a while in a parking lot but nobody bats an eye at it while driving. I even drove past a white Maverick 2 days ago and honked at him and gave him a thumbs up and he looked ad me like who the hell is this guy and didn't even wave back.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this is a silly question but does anyone else constantly gets looks wherever they go in their Maverick? I have an Area 51 Lariat so it sticks out pretty well. Also, mine is the only Maverick that's actively driven in my town. As a result, literally every time when I go somewhere and park it I catch somebody or a couple of people gawking at it when they pass by or approach their own car. I even had an older lady today who I saw photographing it as I approached it and was just enamored with it. She even pulled over and asked if she could sit in it because she and her husband have been searching for one and have yet to even see one for themselves. Once she sat in the driver's seat she said, "This is exactly what we've been looking for." The driving position is perfect for her, and for me for that matter. It has great visibility with big side windows and an expansive windshield. But in regards to the subject, is anyone else experiencing this? I'm sure there is since it's such an uncommon vehicle right now. I would love to know down below.
Sunday, I was driving out of town with my wife. she hates when I pass slow vehicles but I came across am=n old Sporttrac doing 10 under the limit so I blew past him, then my wife needed to stop for a bathroom break. So I pulled into a small restaurant and guess who pulls up behind me blocking me in lol. My wife got all nervous but when I popped out to ask what's up, he had 100 Maverick questions because he just placed his order.

Sponsored

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
All. The. Time.

I cannot stop and get gas without someone talking to me. Or the grocery store. Or Post Office. Had someone follow me back to work on my lunch break. They jumped out of their Honda and ran up to me. Kinda freaked me out. He then blurted out, "Hey, is that the new Maverick?" Then I knew I was safe. :cool:
I had a guy in my neighborhood follow me in his f150. I pulled up and he popped out and said “can I see your maverick” another guy at the auto store said “nice truck-it makes way more sense than the ranger” that was my favorite-as A guy who bought the maverick because it was more affordable than the ranger, I appreciated that one

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Nope. Nothing. But I have a white truck so most must think it’s a work truck. Lol.

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been eagerly watching for this since I got my Mav last week. Alas, in Atlanta, no one cares. Haven’t noticed a single person “surprised“ to see a Mav and no one at any store or building has ever asked me about it.
Well, I spoke too soon. Posted this earlier this morning. At lunch today I went to the UPS store and, in the parking lot, a guy on a motorcycle flagged me down. Asked questions about the Mav, said it was the first one he'd seen and "looks great!" So there you go.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not yet...unless I'm in my "harass the public" mood. Then I'll pull up to people at stoplights and stare at them with a gummi worm in one nostril until they notice.

Unrelated, has anyone been "cheesed" yet?

Sponsored

sparky52

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well..... mine is Cyber Orange so it's hard NOT to get looks. Had a couple grill me for 15 minutes at Sonic. A thumbs up or two on the road. A FEDEX driver stopped at my house WITHOUT a package because he has one on order. Yesterday, a grandma in the grocery lot made positive comments. I have the only one in my immediate area but there is a Cyber Orange Ranger around. I usually give him the two finger steering wheel wave as we pass.

Cad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, get looks and people driving on side trying to take pics of it. Questions at stop lights and thumbs up a lot. Most can’t believe it was only 22k. Especially being a hybrid. Put 453 miles on it and est distance to empty is showing 154. If I get another 100 I’m happy.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get that without my Maverick, which as of today still has no build date.
I think you've been around here longer than I have; I seem to remember seeing your photo about the first time I got on here. My order got fouled up for a number of reasons so I'm still waiting too. Lariat/360/AWD/4k HPR
Sponsored