First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember the days when 3 seconds of skip protection made cd’s barely usable on the go. Good luck!
I remember my Kenwood 10 disc cd changer in the trunk.
Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Thanks will Chek it out . can't wait for these other sarcastic idiots to age out of their tech . they don't even have a maverick yet .
I mean I remember My first car before cd players were a thing and even I wouldnt bother with one these days... Like why on earth would I want physical cds when I can just plug a thumb drive in with all of the music on it, and never have to dealer with scratched discs or changing discs again?

And even THAT is old by my standards. i stream everything off my phone now with bluetooth.

adkbiker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW I use my F-150 CD player regularly because the SYNC interface with my iPhone is error prone, either using USB or bluetooth. Sometimes I have to disconnect and restart to get it working again, very annoying. And it's too distracting to get it working again while driving. Also, when I plug in my iPhone and start using iTunes it starts on the same song, not where I left off. Dealer blames it on iOS bugs. Maybe new SYNC/iPhone interface is improved. If not I'll be looking for a CD player too. And trying to use audible or similar app is error prone too, books on CD is easier. And yes, I still enjoy listening to vinyl on a turn table.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean I remember My first car before cd players were a thing and even I wouldnt bother with one these days... Like why on earth would I want physical cds when I can just plug a thumb drive in with all of the music on it, and never have to dealer with scratched discs or changing discs again?

And even THAT is old by my standards. i stream everything off my phone now with bluetooth.
Big time boomer question-How are you getting your music onto the thumb drive? I just went from CD's to spotify and it sucks balls, full of commercials but since I can't seem to find much music I'm interested in I'm not going to pay for it. Are you paying for each song/album? I have over 30 years of CD's and I'm not wanting to buy it all over again.

Frankly, I prefer having physical copies but I'm way behind the times.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Big time boomer question-How are you getting your music onto the thumb drive? I just went from CD's to spotify and it sucks balls, full of commercials but since I can't seem to find much music I'm interested in I'm not going to pay for it. Are you paying for each song/album? I have over 30 years of CD's and I'm not wanting to buy it all over again.

Frankly, I prefer having physical copies but I'm way behind the times.
Use the CD/DVD drive on your computer to rip them into digital files. Copy the digital files onto a thumb drive and plug into your car. I wish I could recommend a ripping software, but I haven't done this in awhile.

Sponsored

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Use the CD/DVD drive on your computer to rip them into digital files. Copy the digital files onto a thumb drive and plug into your car. I wish I could recommend a ripping software, but I haven't done this in awhile.

You can just use Windows Media Player, which should pop up after you install your disk into CD Player

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am looking to add a CD player to my maverick . looking for 12 volt plugin portable CD player . any info helpful . plan on plugging into socket on back of center console . I have xlt .
Also, if your computer doesn't have a cd/DVD player, I bought an external hard drive to burn my cds. I plug in my usb. I can shuffle all the albums, or play all by a certain artist, or play a whole CD at a time. Its great. And burning a CD doesn't take long. Its only long when you want to rip 200 cds.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's a CD? I'm almost 60 and got rid of CDs years ago. First I burnt them all off onto my computer, then I added them all to a USB drive that I plug into my Focus's dash and have about 2,500 songs at my fingertips that all call up by name through Sync. Digital is far more convenient.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no working CD drive, what is a good site can I go to for downloading?

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's a CD? I'm almost 60 and got rid of CDs years ago. First I burnt them all off onto my computer, then I added them all to a USB drive that I plug into my Focus's dash and have about 2,500 songs at my fingertips that all call up by name through Sync. Digital is far more convenient.
I have all my CDs in a box in a closet. When I die, someone else will have to get rid of them. Cost me too much money to toss out. Fleetwood mac, Heart, Eagles, Doobie bros, acdc, Linda Ronstadt, oh so many. I keep them just in case my computer dies, I lose my backup drive, can't get access to my cloud storage or I lose my USB drive. Ya just never know.
Also, I gave all my Vinyl albums away and wish I didnt.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no working CD drive, what is a good site can I go to for downloading?
Get an external cd/DVD drive. That's what I did.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am looking to add a CD player to my maverick . looking for 12 volt plugin portable CD player . any info helpful . plan on plugging into socket on back of center console . I have xlt .
infotainment.com has a CD kit for Ford ACMs. I didn't look at details of what it fit or if it will work in a Mav or not. But's if you really want one, it might be worth checking out.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have all my CDs in a box in a closet. When I die, someone else will have to get rid of them. Cost me too much money to toss out. Fleetwood mac, Heart, Eagles, Doobie bros, acdc, Linda Ronstadt, oh so many. I keep them just in case my computer dies, I lose my backup drive, can't get access to my cloud storage or I lose my USB drive. Ya just never know.
Also, I gave all my Vinyl albums away and wish I didnt.
My parents had vinyl, and now my Youngest has started collecting vinyl.
Apparently it skips a generation. LOL.
Sponsored