2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m running 245/70/17 tires on my lifted truck. Proper inflation for these tires on my Maverick is 27 psi. Problem is the truck gives me a constant low tire pressure warning.

I can clear that by adding more air but the ride is so much better at 27 psi than 35 psi I really don’t see that as a permanent fix.

I tried to make some changes to the TPMS settings in the BCM module but the system wouldn’t accept any of them when I tried to write the changes.

Anyone with more FORSCAN knowledge than me know if this can be done and how to do it?

Ford Maverick Any Way to Change TPMS Settings??? IMG_8962
Sponsored

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How'd you calculate the PSI for your tires?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There may be a minimum pressure that it accepts. If you can get it to accept 30 or 32 that should be in the ~25% margin before it'll trigger. That or since I assume you're using the plain-text setting menu you may need to try entering it as the hexadecimal value (1B) in the appropriate as-built fields.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There may be a minimum pressure that it accepts. If you can get it to accept 30 or 32 that should be in the ~25% margin before it'll trigger. That or since I assume you're using the plain-text setting menu you may need to try entering it as the hexadecimal value (1B) in the appropriate as-built fields.
I played around with the plain text menu in the BCM configuration, but it wouldn't accept anything. I can go into the "as built" area, but I don't know what all the numbers mean. I do feel comfortable changing something, but I have to be certain I'm changing the right field.

Can you give me some additional details on what you are talking about in terms of "hexadecimal value (1B)"? If it is as easy as entering a lower number for the minimum tire pressure threshhold, I think I can do that. Again, just need to be sure I'm messing with the right line of code.

Thanks!
Sponsored