Sponsored

Any problem with not having a bed liner?

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Hopefully my Maverick will be built and arrive in April. It is an Ecoboost/XLT/Lux/360 in Atlas Blue.

It will not have a bed liner unless I add one.

We will not be doing much with the truck bed except for things like the proveriable Home Depot and dump runs.

I had planned on getting a sprayed in bed liner as soon as it arrives but now I am thinking of holding off on that to see how it does without a bedliner.

I figure that if it starts getting scratched I can add the bedliner later on and that would not be a problem.

Does that sound reasonable or am I missing something?
Sponsored

MikeV

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am also waiting for my 2023 maverick. I didn't order the liner so I called around for SIBL prices on Long Island NY. They ranged from $650 to $1,000 dollars. So I might go with the Ford's Drop in liner is for sale now for $325. I only use the bed like you for Home depot runs now and then.
Good luck

Last edited:

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even when getting a spray-in bed liner, the bed will need to be sanded and prepped. Adding scratches and dings will not affect adding a SIBL later. My experience is the tailgate ends up in the worst shape the quickest; let that be your indicator.

A bed mat or a farm supply horse mat will work for most DIY runs.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not unless you plan to haul fertilizer.

I have had a variety of pickups over the years and have never had a spray in bedliner before. My wife's 2001 F150 has a rust free bed, but my 2000 Mazda, which has hauled a lot of fertilizer annually for over twenty years, has rust damage. Fertilizer is quite corrosive.

I really do like the Maverick's spray in bedliner though. I don't think it is always needed, but it is nice and tough. I would not have paid $1,000 for it though.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a big fan of SIBL. I had LineX on my 99 Ranger from day one. I have it on my Mav as well. SIBL protects the truck. bed mats protect your knees.

Sponsored

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worst part about not having one is people asking why you don’t have one. It’s not a big deal, the paint in my bed is pretty dinged up but I’m planning on getting a spray in some day.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m happy without it for now but I did cut a 5x7 rubber 1/4 inch mat to fit my bed to keep stuff from sliding around less and to have a level surface. Initially I wanted it and had it in my order but I dropped it due to constraints during the order process.

I’ll probably won’t do a spray in because no one really cares or sees the bed anyway since there is a soft trifold cover over it most of the time. Plus with the mat, it takes me 5 seconds to pull it out to clean it and the entire bed anyway.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve never had a liner in any of my trucks…. If you use the bed for things that change scratch up, it will get scratches. My 07 Chevy bed is scratch to hell and back from hauling things like loose t-posts for fences and other random stuff.

my plans for my mavrick, ordered without a SIBL, is to use it for a couple of years and if it gets really scratched up, then take it to get sprayed.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully my Maverick will be built and arrive in April. It is an Ecoboost/XLT/Lux/360 in Atlas Blue.

We will not be doing much with the truck bed except for things like the proveriable Home Depot and dump runs.

I had planned on getting a sprayed in bed liner as soon as it arrives but now I am thinking of holding off on that to see how it does without a bedliner.

I figure that if it starts getting scratched I can add the bedliner later on and that would not be a problem.

Just got my mav on the 19th I ended up going w this:
NZ6Z-99112A15-B 22 thru 23 Maverick OEM Ford Heavy Duty Durable Synthetic Rubber Bed Mat
You can Google probably if you look can get it for $120 ...

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
this will be my 6th truck, no liners so far. if it gets beat up I'll spray it.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m sure the spray in liner was intended to hide damaged truck beds originally but somehow became a common item to add at beginning. The liner show damage as well in use, So not a fan, also hard on the hands and knees like rubberized sandpaper.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That would work. Why not use it and then install the liner just before you sell it?
Sponsored