Sponsored

Any Maverick owners with NO problems / issues so far?

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at it this way. When there's a plane crash, it's big news. But when planes land safely tens of thousands of times every day, there's no reporting on that.

So, the hundreds of people who got their trucks, are happy with them and have no issues to report say nothing. Until now, anyway.

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
I would be happy the glowing cat issue happened before yours arrived. I’m confident that the issue is a software glitch and can be remedied with an update. It is unlikely you will see any problem at all. The update is scheduled to come out at the end of this month. If it is delayed at least it is nearing spring. 😅
My build date is week of April 25 so I’m hoping you are correct and the software update is done at the factory.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT, EB, FWD, Lux, CGM

I have had (0) issues to date! Great Truck! Everything works good (radio, trans, gas mileage, interior, exterior, instrumentation, EB, bed, heating and cooling, equipment heating, etc...).

My Maverick was one of the 5,400 recall 21C35-Fuel Tank Damage vehicles, so I was a little concerned that the gas mileage would suffer, but the truck is getting 28 mpg, so I'm totally pleased with that.

The only "Small" issue was - you need to check your tire pressure when you pickup - mine was set at 38-39 per tire and the ride home was a little rough, but once home, I lowered to 35 psi and now the truck rides very smooth.

Exactly what was ordered and built, exactly what I expected and exactly what I got!

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve got 20k miles on my AWD EB already with no issues other than the fuel tank recall since I got the lux package with spray in bed liner. The dealer inspected my tank and said it was fine, but have ordered and will replace the tank when it arrives. I’ve been avoiding this forum lately since it’s mostly just people complaining that their order is taking a while (see if you get any sympathy from bronco owners) and don’t really have a reason to write that my truck starts and works every time. Don’t be discouraged from reports of unreliability, that’s what the warranty is for

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far so good . only issue so far is radio and update available . haven't taken in for update because not a big issue . stuck on FM jazz station I always listen to anyhow . otherwise great truck that I am enjoying .

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Has anyone had this issue?

HALWADE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
took delivery 10/27/21; 3k miles as of today; zero problems.

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm on my second maverick. Had no problems with the 1st and as of this time no problems with this one. (and for those that need to know the 1st was a 2.0eco. xlt, the 2nd is a lariat lux hybrid)

Sponsored

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Except for the battery having to be swapped a few weeks after delivery, I have nothing. As has been said, nobody posts that nothing happened.

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve got 20k miles on my AWD EB already with no issues other than the fuel tank recall since I got the lux package with spray in bed liner. The dealer inspected my tank and said it was fine, but have ordered and will replace the tank when it arrives. I’ve been avoiding this forum lately since it’s mostly just people complaining that their order is taking a while (see if you get any sympathy from bronco owners) and don’t really have a reason to write that my truck starts and works every time. Don’t be discouraged from reports of unreliability, that’s what the warranty is for
You really rack up the miles! Glad to hear it is working great. There's other content being posted and you just have to filter around it. I like seeing what people are doing with theirs and to see what issues come up so I can be aware for it when I get mine.

Pmwusmc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my XL hybrid 12/13/21. Now have 9k miles on it, 2 oil changes and I had the 10k checks done early with ford points. A trip from CA to NE, and the girlfriend drives it everywhere because it's averaging 44.1 mpg. I have to buy her a loaded escape hybrid or I will never get my truck back. No problems at all. Tire pressure was high when I picked it up but fixed the first day. I inspect my own vehicles when I buy them for the basics. Paid cash for it and got the extra warranty just as piece of mind on a first year vehicle. If something breaks we have other cars to drive but they don't get near the mpg the mav does. Hope that as time goes on that more OE parts that are not available are produced in aftermarket with good quality.

Reactions: Aza
OP
OP
Bret Maverick

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my XL hybrid 12/13/21. Now have 9k miles on it, 2 oil changes and I had the 10k checks done early with ford points. A trip from CA to NE, and the girlfriend drives it everywhere because it's averaging 44.1 mpg. I have to buy her a loaded escape hybrid or I will never get my truck back. No problems at all. Tire pressure was high when I picked it up but fixed the first day. I inspect my own vehicles when I buy them for the basics. Paid cash for it and got the extra warranty just as piece of mind on a first year vehicle. If something breaks we have other cars to drive but they don't get near the mpg the mav does. Hope that as time goes on that more OE parts that are not available are produced in aftermarket with good quality.
Good to hear! I picked mine up on 1/24 and have not experienced any issues yet either. Don't drive anywhere near what you do though. Thanks.

Reactions: Aza

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing all these threads from folks reporting all manner of problems. I was wondering how many people have taken delivery and have experienced no problems at all.
No problems at all, was annoyed somewhat that I couldnt get Sirius XM with the package I have, but just buying time on that. There are other avenues to address that issue. Other then that, added a few things to it cosmetically and have 1100 miles on it since taking delivery Feb 4th. (2.0 AWD FX4 4k Trailer and other options......)
Sponsored

Last edited: