Sponsored

Any chance there will be a pass through from the cab to the main cabin?

miata_dad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid, Eruption Green Bronco, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like the avalanche or I think the subaru baja had a small one. Could be wrong about that one though.

If you could fold the seats and gain access to the cab, it would definitely help overcome the short bed.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the pictures of the raw unibody that leaked a few months ago, I think that it's unlikely. It seems that bottom, stamped panel is welded in. but I can't be 100% certain from this picture.

Ford Maverick Any chance there will be a pass through from the cab to the main cabin? 2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-bed-

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Preproduction, but it could possibly change in the official production version (I hope).

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Avalanche was wide enough to fit 4x8 sheet goods between the wheel wells, so the pass through made more sense there. The Maverick isn't wide enough for that, and you can see the notches in the side walls for crosswise 2x4s for sheet goods up above the wells. There isn't a whole lot of bed left above that before you get to the window. It's still a feature I would want though because I buy lumber on a regular basis and the 6.5' bed on my S10 is really as short as I want to go for that. I just don't buy enough that I need the capabilities of a bigger truck than what I have now. But an angle grinder and paint makes it the truck that it ain't. I wouldn't have a problem with cutting a hole and having to unbolt a cover rather than a fancy hinged thing that was easier to do from the factory. I'd pull at least one of the rear seats out on day one anyway.

Most of the plywood that I buy is 5'x5' instead of 4'x8', so I just hope the bed is at least 60" but I have my doubts. With my luck it'll be 59.5".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Jeep CJs,
As a former Chevy Avalanche owner I am NOT a fan of a fold-down bulkhead between the cargo area & the passenger area. (...far too many issue with water leaks, & the resulting damp & moldy carpets that followed.)
I would however be interested in a tailgate-down bed-extender option (like those seen on some other short-bed pickups).
(...of course there will probably be aftermarket options available for addressing any bed length deficiencies. ...eventually.)
Sponsored