First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Lariat AWD and I'm loving it. I'm at 27/28 around town and 31/32 on the road and what's not to like about that. The truck has plenty of room, plenty of power so in my world it's a keeper. I've thought about the Hybrid for my wife but AWD is a must. She likes mine and loves driving it but the idea of better mileage is attractive to her. I just wonder when or if Ford will do a AWD Hybrid? Anyone have thoughts on this subject?
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably at some point, yes, but who knows when. There will probably be a PHEV version too at some point, but Ford would be foolish (In a business sense) to announce either before they actually start selling them.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only ford marketing knows for sure :rolleyes: since this is based on escape which already offers awd hybrid they could have done it in the first place (but escape does not come standard as hybrid either and charge extra = maverick charges extra for eco boost).

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope so. When I first became interested in the Maverick back in June I was surprised to find that AWD was not offered in the hybrid. It took me a few days to decide between the gas AWD and the hybrid FWD. I opted for the hybrid. But the minute an AWD hybrid is offered it will be trade-in time.

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered hybrid too.. the problem is that sometime we go into the wood and do all kind of stuff in the wood…

but 98% of the time i only do city cruising. That means no more deep wood.. atleast for the time being.. i can probably live with that.

with the gas price going up like mad… and my finance going down…i had no choice.. ev cars are way too expensive.

Our road trips will be less expensive with the mav hybrid too.

Going from 17 mpg with my jeep.. to 38 mpg with the hybrid mav.. will definitely make me smile.

and because the maverick is not too expensive our maverick should be fully paid by the end of this year.
Sponsored