Sponsored

Annoying Door Lock Issue...

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Asked this on a FB group, and seems others have experienced it too, but no real reason why, thought id see if anyone here had the problem.

My driver door locks automatically at times. Like I usually park my truck in the garage, get out and leave the door unlocked, come back in the morning and its locked, but just the drivers door. It's also happened when getting gas.

It's super annoying, I used to like to leave my keys in the ignition while in my garage, but now that's not happening.

It's an XL w/out the remote buttons on the side if that matters. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Haven't experienced this with the Mav but my 2009 Pontiac Vibe would do this all the time when we first bought it. Since it was still under warranty we took it to the dealer and they found a service bulletin issued by Pontiac explaining that electrical shorts in the switched would cause the doors to lock/unlock randomly.

The solution provided by Pontiac was to use grease on the contacts to help act as an insulator. The dealer greased the contacts on all the switches for us and from that point forward it never happened again.

Not saying it's the same issue with the Mav but it might provide a possible place to start looking.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 11 year old Prius started doing this a few Norman ago. Hmm 🤔

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad that you posted your issue with the drivers door randomly locking as I have experienced the same issue with our XLT. Just yesterday after washing the truck the drivers door was locked when getting ready to drive the truck back into the garage. I noticed this random locking several times before. Sounds like another trip to the dealership to figure it out!

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My 2012 Focus hatchback did that sometimes. One time while on a roadtrip through New Jersey, I shut the hatch after putting ice in a cooler at a gas station and it locked the hatch automatically. I had set my keys in the rear while I was dumping ice in the cooler. I realized my keys were in there right after I shut the hatch. When I went to open it it had locked automatically and I was locked out of my car and had to call a service to get into my car. Sat there for 3 hours waiting to get into my car. :( Installed a Ford keypad after that incident. Yeah was a quirk. Sometimes it would lock the doors right after I shut them, most times it wouldn't until I locked them with my fob.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The external keypad is available separate from any other option package at the dealer. It is not cheap, but can get you into a vehicle when you are locked out. I believe the current model is attached to the window frame using double sided adhesive tape, so that part is easy to install(no wires), and then there is a change to the setup that needs to be done.
As far as the locks working independently, I do not think that is supposed to happen. I would be talking to a service advisor and getting an appointment to have it checked.
tom

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL tried to lock me out once but the windows were open.

Can't I use FordPass to unlock? (Assuming my phone's in my pocket, and not in the truck.)

Las Cruces FX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive had the same issues with my XLT ecoboost and will address it at the next oil change with the dealership..Did update to my radio and it seemed to cure the problem of the screen freezing and controls as well .

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Asked this on a FB group, and seems others have experienced it too, but no real reason why, thought id see if anyone here had the problem.

My driver door locks automatically at times. Like I usually park my truck in the garage, get out and leave the door unlocked, come back in the morning and its locked, but just the drivers door. It's also happened when getting gas.

It's super annoying, I used to like to leave my keys in the ignition while in my garage, but now that's not happening.

What planet do you live on??? The last four vehicles I’ve owned have had auto lock, and I love it. If you want to turn it off, read your manual. It’s not rocket science 😉

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find on my Edge that has proximity sensor locks if I have to squeeze past the door (like if I park close to a wall or another car) brushing the door handle will lock the door. Then when I go to get back in its locked. Imagine that doesn't apply to Maverick XLT but throwing it out there.

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided

Why in the blue blazes would you ever think it's a good idea to leave the keys in the ignition when not attended.

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same issue with my XLT hybrid; it's very annoying! The driver's door will randomly, without command, lock. It is more likely to do it if the keys are in the ignition, but will also do so without. Always the driver's door only, the other three will remain unlocked.

Jberg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I have found that when I exit the truck, I inadvertently push the lock next to the handle in. So, the driver door is then locked and the other doors are still unlocked. This is caused by a bad door handle/ lock design.
Sponsored