First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For several months Android Auto has worked as expected. Then, a few days ago while I was on a long trip, the Google Maps screen went into night mode and wouldn't go back to day mode. It was a problem because it's not easy to see the night-mode map in broad daylight.

My phone was in dark mode, but I didn't think that could be it because it's been in dark mode for months. Still, I gave it a try and when I changed the phone to light mode the Android Auto car display went back to normal day/night operation.

Apparently Android Auto recently gained the ability to pick up the dark mode from the phone and use it. But that doesn't work very well for maps. If anyone can figure out a way to have dark mode on the phone screen and light mode on the car screen please let me know.

(Note: Phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android 10, so there is no separate Android Auto app on the phone. AA support is built in. Also, this same thing happens with the MA1 dongle and with a hard-wired connection.)
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was here to post this. I hadn't noticed, as I usually use Waze for its Hazard and Police reporting function. Just tried and AA does open in Dark mode.

I think one fix is to toggle dark mode on/off on your phone after you plug it in to the truck, but it has to be done every time.

Apparantly they know, and say it will be fixed soon.
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/234873318?pli=1
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/235474698?pli=1

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)