Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick order guide and brochure says only Lariat have ambient lighting in cab. If that is true, than why does XLT have ambient lighting too?
XL/XLT have an ambient light LED in the storage at the front of the console/below the center stack.
Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick order guide and brochure says only Lariat have ambient lighting in cab. If that is true, than why does XLT have ambient lighting too?
lol. Did you order a lariat or something??? Yes.....lowly peasant XLTs can have ambient lighting too. Sorry it's not 'exclusive'.

And yes, I've experienced this issue several times with my XLT as well. I don't even notice though, until I actually need it and......hey.....my ambient lighting is off....wtf?

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My whole radio resets. Not just the ambient light. Try this: Check for an update and note the date last checked. Every time my light resets to off my last checked reverts back to December. If you look back through my posts I have had a lot of problems with the radio. The issues with the radio is really the only complaint I have with the truck.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yup randomly turns off and have to turn it back on

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol. Did you order a lariat or something??? Yes.....lowly peasant XLTs can have ambient lighting too. Sorry it's not 'exclusive'.

And yes, I've experienced this issue several times with my XLT as well. I don't even notice though, until I actually need it and......hey.....my ambient lighting is off....wtf?
FEATUREXLXLTLARIAT
ICE BLUE AMBIENT CENTER CONSOLEXX
ICE BLUE AMBIENT ENTIRE FRONT CABX

You are confusing Center Console lighting (lowly peasant XLTs) with Entire Front Cab ambient lighting. Sorry, it is exclusive to the Lariat upper class. Now don't you feel like .....

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FEATUREXLXLTLARIAT
ICE BLUE AMBIENT CENTER CONSOLEXX
ICE BLUE AMBIENT ENTIRE FRONT CABX

You are confusing Center Console lighting (lowly peasant XLTs) with Entire Front Cab ambient lighting. Sorry, it is exclusive to the Lariat upper class. Now don't you feel like .....
Not confused at all. They are both ambient lighting. I ordered back in august and scouted this out for months. No confusion. It's the same circuit, the Lariat just has more bulbs. Both have ambient. Same circuit, same problems because the controllers and modules are the same. Do I feel like part of the proletariat? Absolutely. Part of what's wrong with this country in my opinion. Give the average people their beer, sports, and enough income just to get by every month.....distract from all else. Wealth to the Inner Party, 'elites', and corporations. 1984, great book. Anyways, enjoy the weekend Mav family.

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This does seem like alot. Is it feature or a flaw? Sure does sound like a flaw.

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same problem here. But this time when I went to vehicle settings to enable it again it is no longer an option.

OP
OP
JibbersCrabst

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same problem here. But this time when I went to vehicle settings to enable it again it is no longer an option.
It's there but it's elusive. I always struggle to remember where it is when I have to turn it back on.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too am having the ambient lighting setting reversion problem. 2022 Lariat Lux here with Sync 3.

After awhile I would notice my ambient lighting was off in the cabin at night. I'd go in the on-screen settings and see the ambient lighting brightness scale was turned all the way down to zero. So I would turn it back up to full intensity. And then it would be good for a few weeks, and then I'd discover it at zero again.

Then it seemed to be turning itself down more and more frequent. And then it hit me.

It seems to be tied with rebooting the radio. Which I have been doing more often over the months I've owned my Maverick. Whenever I have any type of weird bug on my radio, a screen freeze, a Bluetooth issue, an android auto issue, I do a hard reboot of the radio [Long press/hold of POWER and > buttons].

Whenever I do this hard radio reboot, ambient lighting goes back to zero. It took me a long time to see the connection. Over 9 months. It's weird that of all the things controlled by the radio, the only setting that seems to be affected by the radio reboot is ambient lighting. Everything else appears to stay the same as its previous setting prior to the reboot.

I don't know if this is the sole cause for ambient lighting to turn itself off. But it's the main culprit in my circumstance.

Cjackson7646

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid Cactus Gray XLT w/ Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the XLT has an ambient light for the center storage cubby under the center stack. I noticed it accidentally in the settings today. I’m glad to have it but I wouldn’t have paid just to have any ambient lighting. Not in a Maverick anyway. I love my truck but I probably would have gone for a different vehicle if I wanted top of the line features. For the XLT ambient lighting, in the settings screen for this light you can slide left or right to adjust the brightness. This works whether or not you toggle the on/off switch in the top right corner. In my experience the truck won’t remember this lighting setting unless you have that switch turned on.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Happened to me once in 2 months / 2000 miles. XLT.

Methinks we can all add MORE ambient lighting, or the stock Lariat lighting to our trucks and tap the same circuit. That way they would all dim in unison. LED's take such little power, the circuit is not gonna blow.

Has anyone done this already?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It may be resetting when the Connected Touch Radio system gets an update whereas the Sync 3 system hasn't had any. It does go back to off when I've change APIM values or pivoted open the underhood fuse/junction box (which disconnects a number of circuits from power).
Sponsored