Sponsored

Air Design Fender Flares - Finally Installed!

notorious beebs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally got around to getting my Air Design fender flares installed today! They've been sitting in storage for almost a year now. It seems like a super easy install, but I was hesitant due to having PPF installed on the front clip, so I took it to a local body shop to have done. They charged $100, which I didn't mind. $25/flare felt reasonable enough. Not the best pics, but I'll clean it up soon and try to post better. (It looks a little extra shiny near the flares because I didn't feel like washing the truck with rain coming soon, so I cleaned the install areas off prior with some quick detailer).
Ford Maverick Air Design Fender Flares - Finally Installed! IMG_1735
Ford Maverick Air Design Fender Flares - Finally Installed! IMG_1734
Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Air Design ones look the best with stock wheel/tires -- but they better for the price.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally got around to getting my Air Design fender flares installed today! They've been sitting in storage for almost a year now. It seems like a super easy install, but I was hesitant due to having PPF installed on the front clip, so I took it to a local body shop to have done. They charged $100, which I didn't mind. $25/flare felt reasonable enough. Not the best pics, but I'll clean it up soon and try to post better. (It looks a little extra shiny near the flares because I didn't feel like washing the truck with rain coming soon, so I cleaned the install areas off prior with some quick detailer).
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1734.jpeg
They certainly look way better than the Bushwacker brand. How much $ did those cost?
I'm not dissing the Bushwacker, they just look bad unless you have giant tires that will extend out to the edge of the Wacker. I do like the Air Design, just hoping for something in between (without showing the mounting screws as the wacker's do).

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1734.jpeg
Love those. Just wish they weren't so dad gum expensive ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
notorious beebs

notorious beebs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They certainly look way better than the Bushwacker brand. How much $ did those cost?
I'm not dissing the Bushwacker, they just look bad unless you have giant tires that will extend out to the edge of the Wacker. I do like the Air Design, just hoping for something in between (without showing the mounting screws as the wacker's do).
They are expensive, unfortunately. MSRP is $669 from Ford. I had a 20% off coupon that knocked them down to $535. I don't plan on running oversized tires, so the Bushwacker flares would have just looked off.

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm also with everyone in that I don't understand why the air design fenders are so expensive (even with 20% off). Hopefully someone sees this and comes up with a cheaper alternative.

The air design style is going on my truck once I get it.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do these interfere with mud flaps ?

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1734.jpeg
Not a bad price tbh, and they look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm holding out for the Chinese knock-offs/copy-cats. I like the looks of these, but they are way too expensive. That's dang-near a set of tires.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm holding out for the Chinese knock-offs/copy-cats. I like the looks of these, but they are way too expensive. That's dang-near a set of tires.
So you’d rather install a bunch of Chinese knock-off crap on your truck rather than high quality “made in USA” products?

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not necessarily. It depends on the item. What do you think Muslogy is (sponsor here)? I would never buy a cheap tonneau cover, tires, intake, etc. (something functional). For a stick-on fender flare, maybe? Actually, I don't think I'd ever get them, but I far prefer the looks of the Air Design over all others.

So you’d rather install a bunch of Chinese knock-off crap on your truck rather than high quality “made in USA” products?

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

To be fair, the only thing US made about their products is the shipping label. The manufacturing is done in Mexico. It's right on their webpage.
Sponsored