Sponsored

Aftermarket Push to Start

S9963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Jeep Cherokee, Hopefully a Maverick
So, after a lot of research, I think I have decided on an order for the XLT with the Lux package. The only thing I really want that it doesnt have is the Push to Start Button. All our current vehicles have that, and honestly I dont want to give it up.

Is there anyway to buy that hardware from Ford, or is it purely an aftermarket thing? I am looking into Easyguard, but the problem I see with the easyguard set up is it is push to start but the remotes they give you do not have the remote start, Or do I have to carry an extra key fob around in my pocket to make the push start work, and then carry the regular key fob to start the car?

Last question. I notice the push start on the Lariat is under the center Dash, how hard would it be to wire the push to start to that location, from the keys current location on the Steering column?

Thanks guys
Sponsored

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, after a lot of research, I think I have decided on an order for the XLT with the Lux package. The only thing I really want that it doesnt have is the Push to Start Button. All our current vehicles have that, and honestly I dont want to give it up.

Is there anyway to buy that hardware from Ford, or is it purely an aftermarket thing? I am looking into Easyguard, but the problem I see with the easyguard set up is it is push to start but the remotes they give you do not have the remote start, Or do I have to carry an extra key fob around in my pocket to make the push start work, and then carry the regular key fob to start the car?

Last question. I notice the push start on the Lariat is under the center Dash, how hard would it be to wire the push to start to that location, from the keys current location on the Steering column?

Thanks guys
If you want the push to start you will want to get the Lariat. You might get something to work like that Easyguard, but it will likely be less secure, often fail and need troubleshooting to fix. I wouldn't bother with it. The factory system usually has antennas to recognize when you are near the car to unlock the door when you hand goes to open the door and also prevent you from locking a fob in the car when you walk away. I think it would be a pain to retrofit. I've seen on BMW forums people taking apart door handles and interior panels all over cars retrofitting it.

I haven't had a car that required taking a key/fob out of my pocket in 10 years. I wasn't willing to go back to that which landed me on the Lariat. I like other features of the Lariat (minus the seats), but it was the only way I'd actually enjoy the truck personally.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks guys
Through ford accessories for maverick you can put remote start on an XL or XLT
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Push to Start Screenshot_20211014-093511

You will need to add security system also but doable if that's what you want.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks guys
Ford Pass will give you remote start from your phone So the fob may not be an issue.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want the push to start you will want to get the Lariat. You might get something to work like that Easyguard, but it will likely be less secure, often fail and need troubleshooting to fix. I wouldn't bother with it. The factory system usually has antennas to recognize when you are near the car to unlock the door when you hand goes to open the door and also prevent you from locking a fob in the car when you walk away. I think it would be a pain to retrofit. I've seen on BMW forums people taking apart door handles and interior panels all over cars retrofitting it.

I haven't had a car that required taking a key/fob out of my pocket in 10 years. I wasn't willing to go back to that which landed me on the Lariat. I like other features of the Lariat (minus the seats), but it was the only way I'd actually enjoy the truck personally.
Agree. If you want the push start. Get the Lariat. If the XLT options outweigh the push button, then stay with the XLT.

Sponsored

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Been keyless since 2009. You won’t be happy (long term) with an “affordable” aftermarket solution (see reviews) while the top end designs (with labor installation) would cost nearly as much as the Lariat .

Remote start is not push-to-start nor will you get the just as important/crucial “hands free” doors.

We opted for the Lariat edition specifically because of the this.

OP
OP

S9963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Jeep Cherokee, Hopefully a Maverick
Thank you guys for your replies! After relooking at the #'s it seems that a Lariat is in my future over the XLT Lux package!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just get in and use your remote start! and you dont need to place your foot on the break. Now you have push to start…kinda :unsure:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just get in and use your remote start! and you dont need to place your foot on the break. Now you have push to start…kinda :unsure:
You'd still have to insert and turn the key to 'on'.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'd still have to insert and turn the key to 'on'.
:cool:
Cant think of everything can I lol
at least you will know where your key is. Push to start has its own issues.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1157

[/QUOTE]

This was the reason why I ordered the Lariat as well. My Ridgeline has push button start and adaptive cruise ctrl which I was not willing to give up.
I hate the Lariat seats though so I am going to see if I can find someone to trade with for the XLT seats or I may end up reupholstering them.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really disappointing you cannot order push button, keyless, and adaptive cruise in a hybrid in Canada. Should be able to get these on an XLT. Base model Hondas and Toyotas come with it. This is Fords new base model in their car-less lineup.

I had the same thoughts as many of you in this thread, but all my posts were deleted from a thread because it went against some other peoples views lol

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a Lariat ordered but downgraded as I couldn't stand the interior after seeing it.

As for the key-less start, I had two vehicles simultaneously for four years, one with push-to-start, one with a key (which incidentally, was two model years newer).
Switching back and forth never bothered me. The only feature I sorely miss is a manual transmission.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1157

Yeah I would deal with key over looking at some ugly seats any day of the week. Push button is cool but those seats, you will throw up every time you open the door, you will lose friends not wanting to drive them around due to the shame. You will then start accumulating cats and wearing sweaters. Pretty soon you will be the crazy cat person.

Use the keys, save your social life.
I'd rather upgrade the seats and keep the convinient Lariat features.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid