Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Story by Ford:

Sweet Kicks That Inspired the Maverick Lariat

August 30, 2021

Inspiration can come from anywhere – even while picking up Chinese food on a lunch break. That’s exactly how the inspiration for the all-new Ford Maverick’s Lariat interior came to life.

During the development of the Ford Maverick, Rob Brancheau, Maverick Colors and Materials Designer, was waiting for his Chinese takeout and had a few moments to kill. He decided to peruse the clothing store next door and when he walked inside, his eyes landed on a pair of Levi’s® shoes -- rich navy shoes with brown leather details and warm brown stitching.

These shoes were the answer to the design team’s burning question: What will the interior of the Lariat trim on the all-new Ford Maverick look like?

The interior sketches for the Lariat were all complete – all they were missing was the color scheme. Brancheau returned from lunch with the shoes in tow. Instantly, the design team knew they were looking at what would be the interior colors of the Lariat trim on the all-new Ford Maverick.

The Lariat trim you see today features a Navy Pier interior with Dessert Brown accents – all inspired by the shoes found at lunch hour.

Ford Maverick The Levi’s shoes that inspired the 2022 Maverick Lariat's interior design Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_02
Ford Maverick The Levi’s shoes that inspired the 2022 Maverick Lariat's interior design Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_04
Ford Maverick The Levi’s shoes that inspired the 2022 Maverick Lariat's interior design Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_01
Ford Maverick The Levi’s shoes that inspired the 2022 Maverick Lariat's interior design Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_03
Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I'm gonna have to buy a pair so I match while driving my truck.... Hahahaha!!!

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow....

Ford Maverick The Levi’s shoes that inspired the 2022 Maverick Lariat's interior design Screenshot_20210830-083915_Photos

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Throwing Levi’s under the bus for their ugly color scheme. Nice tactic!

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just seems like a marketing partnership like the Oreos bit a month ago. Maybe these ads are how they're keeping the price so low.
That's an interesting thought....I wonder what other "product placements" we'll see in the Maverick's future. 🤔

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I'm not one to try to one-up a fella, but work with me here, how about this jacket with those shoes? Who's with me?
Men_s_Vintage_70_s_Faded_Glory_Blue_Denim_Brown_Leather_2_Piece_Suit_1600x.jpg
Perfect!👍

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh FFS, this article makes me want to change from the Lariat to one of the other trims.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Story by Ford:

Sweet Kicks That Inspired the Maverick Lariat

August 30, 2021

Inspiration can come from anywhere – even while picking up Chinese food on a lunch break. That’s exactly how the inspiration for the all-new Ford Maverick’s Lariat interior came to life.

During the development of the Ford Maverick, Rob Brancheau, Maverick Colors and Materials Designer, was waiting for his Chinese takeout and had a few moments to kill. He decided to peruse the clothing store next door and when he walked inside, his eyes landed on a pair of Levi’s® shoes -- rich navy shoes with brown leather details and warm brown stitching.

These shoes were the answer to the design team’s burning question: What will the interior of the Lariat trim on the all-new Ford Maverick look like?

The interior sketches for the Lariat were all complete – all they were missing was the color scheme. Brancheau returned from lunch with the shoes in tow. Instantly, the design team knew they were looking at what would be the interior colors of the Lariat trim on the all-new Ford Maverick.

The Lariat trim you see today features a Navy Pier interior with Dessert Brown accents – all inspired by the shoes found at lunch hour.

Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_02.jpg
Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_04.jpg
Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_01.jpg
Maverick Lariat Interior Inspiration_03.jpg
Cute story... sadly those shoes are abhorrent is this guy constantly BOWLING?!! LOL, OMG I am hilarious?

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
On the plus side?
The Lariat interior is now only the SECOND ugliest thing I've seen this year.:LOL:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I'm not one to try to one-up a fella, but work with me here, how about this jacket with those shoes? Who's with me?
Men_s_Vintage_70_s_Faded_Glory_Blue_Denim_Brown_Leather_2_Piece_Suit_1600x.jpg
You’ll be the Invisible Man!

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OMG< I seriously thought this thread was satire... then to find out it came from Ford, wow!
Sponsored