bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good day, I know its only on lariat, but I have to stick with the XL trim, so I'm going to be looking at a lot of things aftermarket (spray bedliner, ppf, push start, etc.), and was wondering if anyone has seen it done or know about it.

Hoping ford would allow it as addon for 2023!
Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good day, I know its only on lariat, but I have to stick with the XL trim, so I'm going to be looking at a lot of things aftermarket (spray bedliner, ppf, push start, etc.), and was wondering if anyone has seen it done or know about it.

I would love push to start myself. And No, inserting and turning a key is not difficult. But it is the one item I miss the most

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

me too. can't be that much more in cost. i think they left it out of the XL/T as a way to get ppl to opt for a higher trim.

getlib

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would love to do this too

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
me too. can't be that much more in cost. i think they left it out of the XL/T as a way to get ppl to opt for a higher trim.
a push button is cheaper than a key mechanism imho but you're right on the rest

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
a push button is cheaper than a key mechanism imho but you're right on the rest
If it were just a button... now add a number of receiver/transmitters around the vehicle and increase the power of the transmitter in the key itself. Oh, and in the middle of a shortage of IC chips. Not so cheap and easy.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it were just a button... now add a number of receiver/transmitters around the vehicle and increase the power of the transmitter in the key itself. Oh, and in the middle of a shortage of IC chips. Not so cheap and easy.
you meaning to say Ford couldn't do it without adding smart entry system. even key systems have a chip and have had for years.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you meaning to say Ford couldn't do it without adding smart entry system. even key systems have a chip and have had for years.
Yes, but that's much shorter range RFID. Only a few inches and a single transmitter/receiver in the steering column. For push button start you need that to be powerful enough to read if the key is somewhere in the cabin plus specific locations like the backup location in the center console used for authenticating new/dead keys.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ruined the clutch on an old Mazda truck with push start.
Sponsored