2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Taurus,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anybody added front tow hooks to Hybrid? Miss not having them.

TIA
Sponsored

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little information:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've gotta ask, miss them for what? Are you wheeling your hybrid and getting stuck where you need towed?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've gotta ask, miss them for what? Are you wheeling your hybrid and getting stuck where you need towed?
They are useful in some areas where less than perfect driving conditions exist. Maybe OP just wants them for insurance that in the event they get stuck, there is a spot to pull the vehicle out without having the straps resting on the bumper.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are useful in some areas where less than perfect driving conditions exist. Maybe OP just wants them for insurance that in the event they get stuck, there is a spot to pull the vehicle out without having the straps resting on the bumper.
That's fair - looks like OP is in Georgia so probably not too wicked conditions. Just seems like an odd thing to miss, more like something you'd need out of necessity.

Sponsored

Jackfer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To my knowledge, unless you have an Fx4 , you will not be able to add and use the tow hooks. There is a super long bolt that passes through to the frame end, which gives you most of the strength. The 2 small bolts on the bottom are still able to be used but I wouldn't pull on them. So if you Show hooks, you can do it. But TOW hooks are for fx4s.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To my knowledge, unless you have an Fx4 , you will not be able to add and use the tow hooks. There is a super long bolt that passes through to the frame end, which gives you most of the strength. The 2 small bolts on the bottom are still able to be used but I wouldn't pull on them. So if you Show hooks, you can do it. But TOW hooks are for fx4s.
and back where the bolt attaches there is an additional bracket welded to the "frame"

OP
OP
Woodhawg

Woodhawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Taurus,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

and back where the bolt attaches there is an additional bracket welded to the "frame"
No off road, but have already had to pull my zero turn mower out of wet mud several times and once it would have been nice to pull it the the mower attached to the front of the Maverick. Also do not like the look of the plastic cover that a two hook would be attached to.

Timmyjane

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone figure out how to add hooks? I had to get towed out of loose gravel last week and it was a real chore trying to get hooked up. A tow hook of some sort would have been very useful.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Timmyjane

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks a lot.
I will order those. I was almost in a real pickle. 10 min car ride from cell service and walked past several empty cabins before finding someone able to come get me out. It was kind of a disaster.
Sounds like it would be a good investment. Like I commented in that other thread/post, if there is a variant that just has the "J" hooks, that is all you need. The one I linked to and bought has the three different options on it and I doubt I will ever use 2 of them. I guess I might if I am being a nice guy and helping someone else out and their vehicle could use one of the other two "heads" on the strap.

Timmyjane

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like it would be a good investment. Like I commented in that other thread/post, if there is a variant that just has the "J" hooks, that is all you need. The one I linked to and bought has the three different options on it and I doubt I will ever use 2 of them. I guess I might if I am being a nice guy and helping someone else out and their vehicle could use one of the other two "heads" on the strap.
I was thinking of finding something similar without the other connections but then thought the same thing. More can’t hurt. You never know when you might need those to help someone else.

I guess I’ll add these straps and a come along under the seat or something similar. Be nice to figure out a system for self recovery if needed. The little front wheel drive cant do a lot to help you in a pinch. My hybrid gave me some type of message that it needed to cool down and performance had been reduced. This was after trying for about 7-8 mins to get unstuck. I was simply on a loose, steep, gravel road. A little John deer gator was all that was needed to get me up the hill and on my way.
Sponsored