Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's funny.i was just browsing around the ford site and found this
1657079046664.png

i think you just proved that it can be done. i think ford is just trying to get the Sync 4 out there are start charging for navigation with a monthly fee.
This is a heavy DIY mod. I could never see a dealership or ford authorizing this. Seems unheard of from any OEM tbh.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

it's funny.i was just browsing around the ford site and found this
1657079046664.png

i think you just proved that it can be done. i think ford is just trying to get the Sync 4 out there are start charging for navigation with a monthly fee.
I think they are talking about can this be a dealer installed option for the Sync 3. I guess I can understand why they don't offer this but really it's not that difficult to do. I've been using the nav on the Maverick a lot lately, works like a charm.

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they are talking about can this be a dealer installed option for the Sync 3. I guess I can understand why they don't offer this but really it's not that difficult to do. I've been using the nav on the Maverick a lot lately, works like a charm.
yeah, i looked through all the pages explaining how to do it, i got lost. you went from Sync 3 to Synce 3 with Nav. was there wiring stuff you needed to do ( like splicing wires and removing pins from the harness) or was it more plug in and then use forscan?

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yeah, i looked through all the pages explaining how to do it, i got lost. you went from Sync 3 to Synce 3 with Nav. was there wiring stuff you needed to do ( like splicing wires and removing pins from the harness) or was it more plug in and then use forscan?
Yes, Sync 3 to Sync 3 with nav. No wiring, just plug and play. You can have the vendor program your VIN in the module and you won't need to use a forscan. I see you have a Lariat Lux so you should be good to go.

Don't get too confused by the threads talking about adding Sync 4, that does require hacking into the wiring harness. I used them more as a guide to removing the unit.

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, Sync 3 to Sync 3 with nav. No wiring, just plug and play. You can have the vendor program your VIN in the module and you won't need to use a forscan. I see you have a Lariat Lux so you should be good to go.

Don't get too confused by the threads talking about adding Sync 4, that does require hacking into the wiring harness. I used them more as a guide to removing the unit.

thanks,
do you by chance have a link to the vendor you used? or the ebay username? (i think i remember reading you got it on ebay)
since there are so many scammers out there selling clones i prefer to get one from someone i know has authentic

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and just confirming before purchase, android auto and XM still work? the only change is the Nav and Climate tab?
Unless you have a Lariat with Lux package, you will not get XM radio with this mod; the non-Lux Lariat does not have a SiriusXM antenna on the roof.
Conversely, this mod should work on all Mavericks, since all of them do have a GPS antenna, which supplies the compass direction readout on the display.

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you have a Lariat with Lux package, you will not get XM radio with this mod; the non-Lux Lariat does not have a SiriusXM antenna on the roof.
Conversely, this mod should work on all Mavericks, since all of them do have a GPS antenna, which supplies the compass direction readout on the display.
yes, i have a Lariart Lux, that is why i was asking if it still worked since the picture of the unit from the seller shows 2017 as the MFG date. i was not sure if the unit supported the XM or Android Auto

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I contacted the seller in the linked eBay listing and he said we need gen 4 APIMs
That listing is not the correct one
He is also out of stock on the gen 4s

I too was concerned about buying something with a build date 5 years older than my Maverick

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I contacted the seller in the linked eBay listing and he said we need gen 4 APIMs

I too was concerned about buying something with a build date 5 years older than my Maverick
You are absolutely correct, that isn't a gen 4 sorry, wrong link. Try this. The price should have tipped me off, the older Sync 3 is cheaper.

Make sure when you purchase the unit to tell the vendor not only the VIN but what year, make and model you have so you make sure you get the proper unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294152278489

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

and just confirming before purchase, android auto and XM still work? the only change is the Nav and Climate tab?
I have a iPhone and yes, Carplay did work. Only thing that changed was the addition of the NAV and Climate, didn't lose anything.

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

yeah, same here i contacted him as well. said the same thing to me, i was just looking at the 2nd one Shark listed and i am looking at his feedback now. 203 positive 0 negative feedback in the last 12 months. seems okay to me.
but i think i will wait until after i get this recall thing taken care of before ordering.

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a iPhone and yes, Carplay did work. Only thing that changed was the addition of the NAV and Climate, didn't lose anything.
Just curious if you can use voice to change the temperature? I have the Lariat Lux and the current OEM does not seem to support that (tried it through AA so not sure if the OEM Sync system interface would make it work). Not something overly useful but fun to play with.

Glad to know this can work though!
Sponsored