Sponsored

Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ?

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a bummer. You'd think MyQ would work to expand access not reduce. Perhaps there was a security issue? Either that, or they want to force customers into a subscription. :(
They want to force customers into a subscription. Thankfully I purchased a MyQ home bridge before they stopped selling them. That bridge lets me add my opener to my Apple HomeKit and control the door through HomeKit and by saying Hey Siri etc. I bought a MyQ camera thinking it would attach to my bridge as well. Wouldn’t attach and I contacted MyQ and they updated the firmware on those cameras to prevent them from being able to be used outside the MyQ app. I will not buy anything MyQ anymore because of this. Really bad decision on their part IMO.
Sponsored

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I added a self dimming rearview mirror with homelink. Opens both our doors and shuts off after the ignition has been off for a few minutes.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone on here done this? I haven’t seen it in the threds. If you happen to have a link to a thread showing how this was done I would appreciate it.
I didn't make a thread or take any pictures because honestly it really is that easy if you have the lighted mirror which it looks like you do have since you have a Lariat. Get an Escape or Bronco Sport sun visor with Homelink off eBay, the color matches perfectly, pry off the cover at the mounting point on the visor and there will be a screw under it holding the visor on, it's torx but I don't remember the size. unscrew it and pull the visor down, unconnect the power, plug in the new visor, plugs are identical, and reverse the process to install. Program the homelink and you are set. Took me all of about 5 minutes.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't make a thread or take any pictures because honestly it really is that easy if you have the lighted mirror which it looks like you do have since you have a Lariat. Get an Escape or Bronco Sport sun visor with Homelink off eBay, the color matches perfectly, pry off the cover at the mounting point on the visor and there will be a screw under it holding the visor on, it's torx but I don't remember the size. unscrew it and pull the visor down, unconnect the power, plug in the new visor, plugs are identical, and reverse the process to install. Program the homelink and you are set. Took me all of about 5 minutes.
Music to my ears! Thank you. I e wanted to do this since I got the truck. It someone in another post said it was not plug and play like that which made no sense to me. Now to find the visor!

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Music to my ears! Thank you. I e wanted to do this since I got the truck. It someone in another post said it was not plug and play like that which made no sense to me. Now to find the visor!
If you don't have the lighted mirror then yes, it wouldn't be plug and play because I doubt you would have the connection, otherwise it's a simple swap.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That visor option I really like, too. Same color, even.

That checks so many boxes. (y)

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the part number for the Bronco Sport Outerbanks. NIPZ7804105GA. I’ve ordered it through a nearby Ford dealer so I can use my FordPass points to cover most of it. I still had to pay $80 roughly for the difference. But I was unable to find this exact item in eBay. All of the visors coming up only had the lighted mirror and not the home link. So, if you aren’t using FordPass points to help cover the cost then i saw it for about $80-$90 dollars cheaper on some other sites. One of which was this one https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-visor-assembly-sun-n1pz7804105ga for $195. Once I get the part I will come back and share how it looks and how easy (or not) it was for me to swap them out.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You wouldn't happen to have the part number you ordered do you? I got my part in that I ordered and it doesn't fit exactly. Se pics below. The part that curves up into the headliner is different on the new visor from the Bronco Sport and even once I get it screwed in tight, the mount is loose and it wiggles around every time you move the visor up and down. So I have uninstalled it and am hoping to be able to return it to the ford dealer. So, if you have the part number you ordered still I would appreciate it. I can confirm that it indeed was an easy install and plug and play.

Ford Maverick Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ? IMG_0414

Ford Maverick Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ? IMG_0413

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you search my posts there used to be a way to integrate MyQ with apple carplay through a shortcut. It worked amazingly. Then MyQ updated their app and removed API features. This elimated the ability to open the door outside of the app. This forces you to use the app and see the ads they started showing within the app. So no there is no MyQ option outside of the app.
Yea, that company sucks. It's like they go out of their way to provide their customers with a bad experience.

Sponsored

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a bummer. You'd think MyQ would work to expand access not reduce. Perhaps there was a security issue? Either that, or they want to force customers into a subscription. :(
Nailed it. When my garage door opener was installed, they wanted to charge $1/month to use through my Google Assistant. I refused to pay out of principle. Then, like a child that didn't get its way, they took it away entirely.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nailed it. When my garage door opener was installed, they wanted to charge $1/month to use through my Google Assistant. I refused to pay out of principle. Then, like a child that didn't get its way, they took it away entirely.
Seems to be the way anymore, doesn't it?

Ford's Snyc 3 quit supporting Waze now, too. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-set-up-waze-with-sync-3-applink/

Luckily, it still works thru Android Auto. I'll just keep my fingers crossed Aladdin doesn't start charging a subscription for their garage door app.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You wouldn't happen to have the part number you ordered do you? I got my part in that I ordered and it doesn't fit exactly. Se pics below. The part that curves up into the headliner is different on the new visor from the Bronco Sport and even once I get it screwed in tight, the mount is loose and it wiggles around every time you move the visor up and down. So I have uninstalled it and am hoping to be able to return it to the ford dealer. So, if you have the part number you ordered still I would appreciate it. I can confirm that it indeed was an easy install and plug and play.

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg
Sorry, I don't have a part number, I got mine off of eBay. Mine came off a '20 Escape. It certainly has a different style plastic mount than the BS. Someone else had done one with a BS visor and said it fit, guess it only sort of fits.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg
I looked on eBay at my purchase history and I was wrong, it came from a '23 Escape Platinum not a '20, though they should be the same. Here is a picture of the connector. Much more like the Mav.
Ford Maverick Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ? s-l960
Sponsored