First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well today I installed the Blaupunkt (german for Blue Point). I was slow and methodical. I pulled the amp kit through the door sills. This part was going to stay despite any changes that may happen. I wanted to run a remote wire and a combined run of L+R. I did not use the remote, but it is ran. I soldiered everything but the "T-taps" that were used for signal. The sub is pretty ok. It shocked me at first. It does enough. I can't really fault its' sound. The stereo drives an ugly sound at high volumes. I haven't played with the knobs much with the exception of turning the gain down. Time to read the manual. haha...

I am curious if the sub could possibly feed back power to the speakers? It definitely sounds louder at the door panel.... I'm scratching my head. The other thing I have been wondering is if adding a kicker key 200.4 would iron out the signal and I could pull from the rears with bettercontrol of the sound from the steering wheel.
I thought the bass was filtered out from the rear speakers?
Sponsored

Reactions: Fil
OP
OP
dedMann

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The DSP on that Kicker Key amp can "fix" the sounds. Not sure what level of magic it applies to do it. Perhaps it takes all four channels and blends them into full range signal for all the speakers. I am not sure. I breezed the manual for the Key 200.4 once, and I guess it is time to really read it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The DSP on that Kicker Key amp can "fix" the sounds. Not sure what level of magic it applies to do it. Perhaps it takes all four channels and blends them into full range signal for all the speakers. I am not sure. I breezed the manual for the Key 200.4 once, and I guess it is time to really read it.
That would be great, please keep us posted.
Tapping the rear speakers while replacing them would be easy.
Thank you!

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the Ford ACM filters out bass below 80 Hz (later read the filter is set at 250Hz and below), at least I think I read somewhere, which is not a big issue for me. But that is one reason to by the DS18 V5HL 5-Channel Line Out Converter, High-Level Speaker Signal to Low-Level RCA Adapter and the 5th or sub channel is fed off the front two channels high-level input. There are a few 4 channel amps that include a sub low-level output fed from channels 1 & 2 (front).

Last edited:
OP
OP
dedMann

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took a lap through my town to find a piece of plastic. Was looking for a cutting board. Not even my least fav place of Walmart had one.... ugh. Plexi-glass is 40 bux for a suitable piece....

Sponsored

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Swapping out the rears there is definitely a bass block on the rear speakers. The stock ones even include a high pass capacitor on them as well so they are double filtered. I'm putting a Key 200.4 in this weekend to power fronts and rears since I just got my harness in the mail yesterday. (very fast turnaround).

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Swapping out the rears there is definitely a bass block on the rear speakers. The stock ones even include a high pass capacitor on them as well so they are double filtered. I'm putting a Key 200.4 in this weekend to power fronts and rears since I just got my harness in the mail yesterday. (very fast turnaround).
Which harness did you get?

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Which harness did you get?
I ordered from Hoel Wiring. He made me a custom one, even included tweeter wire breakouts for the passive crossovers. The other end already has the Key 200.4 plug and loopback completely wired up, I had him put some ferrules on so I can attach to an Audiocontrol sub amp (he can also make to a Kicker hideaway), I think 10s will fit under the seats if I build a fiberglass enclosure.. Shipping was like 2 days. I can take some pics later. Extremely good worksmanship.

If replacing the rear speakers DO NOT order the Metra harnesses, they are the wrong connector. I made them work but they are taped together and they were out of phase (see BootXL76s comments on them). You can order the correct ones from Hoel Wiring, he even sells them on Amazon. I wish I noticed that sooner.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from Hoel Wiring. He made me a custom one, even included tweeter wire breakouts for the passive crossovers. The other end already has the Key 200.4 plug and loopback completely wired up, I had him put some ferrules on so I can attach to an Audiocontrol sub amp (he can also make to a Kicker hideaway), I think 10s will fit under the seats if I build a fiberglass enclosure.. Shipping was like 2 days. I can take some pics later. Extremely good worksmanship.

If replacing the rear speakers DO NOT order the Metra harnesses, they are the wrong connector. I made them work but they are taped together and they were out of phase (see BootXL76s comments on them). You can order the correct ones from Hoel Wiring, he even sells them on Amazon. I wish I noticed that sooner.
Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
dedMann

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found a black plastic cutting board at Ross. It was perfect for for what I needed. I used cardboard to make a template of where the holes live and transferred that to the cutting board. Drilled and countersunk them, predrilled amp holes. Inside the cab I used the stock amp “butterfly” mount. Unfortunately have to drill and tap the little inserts I thought are threaded. Haha. It sounds complete.
Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers 32D27EE4-8E88-4DCD-9FFA-3E1C53E44598

Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers 3ED8DD03-466E-4510-8D24-0BC9D98D3392
It sits straight. Camera perspective is wonky
Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers 2CF544D7-B53C-41AD-B23D-32C7902BDAA3

I didn’t think through the actual fastening of the amp to the board. I had to use one of my misses mirrors to find where those pesky screws went
Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers AC52072F-AABF-49F9-BE82-1AEEAD3045D6
“Finished” look with the cutting board. Has a fairly even reveal all around the edges. No wired vibrations or annoyances from that super flimsy sheet metal mount.
Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers D2D5B9C4-AD87-4B91-8AF9-F12135AE2EA2

OP
OP
dedMann

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two things I forgot to mention. One of the reasons I chose the Blaupunkt was because of its port. Of which made nearly no difference which way it was pointed.
Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers B67003DF-7BC7-4A2D-8A9E-53051224B7AE

The other noteworthy thing I wanted to mention was the floor under the backseat bins. That was the biggest offender on the “tap around” the sheet metal for sound deadening. Discovered this while running wires. I will probably have to pull up those bins again to stuff some foam in here or there. Honestly I dread pulling those up, because I crippled one of the tabs that go under in the back. I pulled nearly every piece of this plastic interior out, and I knew I would have one zinger. Literally the last piece. Lol!

Ford Maverick Active Powered "All-N-One" Subwoofers 6B23D65B-C45C-4803-865E-66CECAAAB9BF

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a minute to goof off with so I made a dummy analog of the RockFord Fosgate P300-8P. It wasn't even close. I wanted to start with the larger sized stuff and cut down my dummy until things fit 🙃
B7E63523-6CB9-4C0B-8C3B-7B436E8D5A3B.jpeg
I did the same but I started with the 10... not gonna happen. Without modifications

OP
OP
dedMann

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't concerned with size of speaker. The new stuff really does well with very little space and power. I shocked with how much the 8" does in this unit. Hard for me to expect more from this type of setup. Still want to add the Kicker Key, but am apprehensive due to the wiring.

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Blaupunkt require a remote wire, or is it auto on/off like some of the other powered subs? If you need to run a remote, where did you run it to?
Sponsored