marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan either adding some subs and a amp behind the back seats or 2 sub/amp combo you can put under a seat.
Will the hybrid be able to run them?

I plan on getting ride of my gas hog pickup and my car. My car has my sound system and while I can not fit that in the Mav, I am going to want something comparable. While I do have a 2000 watt sub amp, 2 12", and another amp for my speakers I don't need to go the much power.
Sponsored

Kilawolf

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I plan on installing a couple of sundown shallow mount 8s in mine with an amp. Going to be interesting figuring out how to wire it indirectly into the factory radio since most times I've ever done an upgrade like this I installed my own head units.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I plan on installing a couple of sundown shallow mount 8s in mine with an amp. Going to be interesting figuring out how to wire it indirectly into the factory radio since most times I've ever done an upgrade like this I installed my own head units.
All you will need is an amp that accepts high level inputs or else you can do a line out convertor to drop the speaker level down to rca.

Relatedly, does anyone know the measurements of the space behind the rear seat? I've searched and there are some threads that discuss this area, but I can't find any measurements so that we would know how much space we are working with.

Kilawolf

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Thanks for the info. I'm curious on the measurements myself. I thought of a under the rear seat set up but if I got the room behind the rear seats instead I'll go that rout myself.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All you will need is an amp that accepts high level inputs or else you can do a line out convertor to drop the speaker level down to rca.

Relatedly, does anyone know the measurements of the space behind the rear seat? I've searched and there are some threads that discuss this area, but I can't find any measurements so that we would know how much space we are working with.
It's slim with lots of junk back there. I'd look into making a sub box that drops in the under seat storage cubby.
Sponsored