Sponsored

About the Adaptive Cruise Control in the Maverick...

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I've used it in a few different vehicles and they are not all created equal. Nissan's adaptive CC is mediocre at best. Subaru's "eyesight" adaptive CC is phenomenal. Nissan uses one camera, mounted in the front grill (at least in the newer Rogues). Subaru uses 2 cameras mounted at the top of the windshield. I think that may partially explain why Subaru is better - it can more easily judge distance with 2 cameras and can also see further ahead.
Nissan's has always been terrible. Rain renders it useless.

I have the Ford system on my wife's MKX. It works very well in the rain. The only time it didn't work is when we had an ice storm and the entire thing was encased in ice.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Bumper and top of windshield
Yea, I have one in the top of my windshield for my Prius too, and it works great. Thank God for insurance though, as these windshields are very expensive, and I just broke another one 3 days ago ! Only $100 deductible though, for a $1000 windshield.

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Yea, I have one in the top of my windshield for my Prius too, and it works great. Thank God for insurance though, as these windshields are very expensive, and I just broke another one 3 days ago ! Only $100 deductible though, for a $1000 windshield.
Yeah, my parents just had a windshield replaced that would have cost $1300 on their CR-V.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used it in a few different vehicles and they are not all created equal. Nissan's adaptive CC is mediocre at best. Subaru's "eyesight" adaptive CC is phenomenal. Nissan uses one camera, mounted in the front grill (at least in the newer Rogues). Subaru uses 2 cameras mounted at the top of the windshield. I think that may partially explain why Subaru is better - it can more easily judge distance with 2 cameras and can also see further ahead.
Subaru’s works very well. Had it in the Subie I sold to buy the Maverick. Two cameras, stereo vision like your eyes; can’t see how one camera would work very well. I’ve noticed that the Maverick has a big Cancel button close to the steering wheel rim and an easy to reach Resume button so I’ll train my thumb to dance between those two. Of course my accelerator foot will have to go back to work.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Subaru’s works very well. Had it in the Subie I sold to buy the Maverick. Two cameras, stereo vision like your eyes; can’t see how one camera would work very well. I’ve noticed that the Maverick has a big Cancel button close to the steering wheel rim and an easy to reach Resume button so I’ll train my thumb to dance between those two. Of course my accelerator foot will have to go back to work.
Not necessarily. The Stop&Go feature like the Maverick will have will follow the vehicle in front of you down to a stop. It will then sit and hold but it will not resume automatically if it sits for something like 15 seconds. So, when the light turns green you just push resume and then the following dance starts again. It will motor away from the stop as the car ahead of you drives away maintaining distance. When the vehicle stops again so will you...and on and on it goes in the city.

ColbySalamanca

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
I suspect that if you order the XL with CoPilot 360 you will have all the hardware you need for adaptive cruise control, except for the new steering wheel switches and a software update.

Anybody have confirmation or refutation of this?

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect that if you order the XL with CoPilot 360 you will have all the hardware you need for adaptive cruise control, except for the new steering wheel switches and a software update.

Anybody have confirmation or refutation of this?
No on alot of levels. Acc requires a radar mounted on the grill. For hybrids that is the main item along with wiring and programming needed. For non lariat LUX EB you are missing the electronic brake booster as well. Some folks have already fitted it up on lower models. It's very much doable but one of the more complex DIY projects.

Standard cruise is easy as you describe though.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't adaptive CC the only type offered on any Maverick trim level? That was the impression I got, but didn't dig deeper because I'm not getting CC on my XL anyways.
I don't think Lariat Lux with 360 gets you Adaptive. I think you need to spend another $700 to get 360 Assist.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, one of ours has it and I hate calibrating the follow distance. Without realizing it, the car will slow with a good 6-8 car lengths in front of us with the default distance. It slows so gradually that I don't notice the speed change until cars are passing us.

I love CC, but I really dislike adaptive. I can see situations where it would be useful (city logjams) but I hope it has a disable option for long road trips, when I use CC the most.
This....spot on problem Slows you down. Why??? I can see brake lights, I can see traffic slowing down..at that point you tap the brakes make adjustments go around he pokey people set cruise on your way.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This....spot on problem Slows you down. Why??? I can see brake lights, I can see traffic slowing down..at that point you tap the brakes make adjustments go around he pokey people set cruise on your way.
Except now imagine it's more of a rolling slowdown like a construction zone and traffic all around you. You don't need to fiddle around modulating your speed, the ACC does it for you.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except now imagine it's more of a rolling slowdown like a construction zone and traffic all around you. You don't need to fiddle around modulating your speed, the ACC does it for you.
Yes. I don't get the complaints about it slows down.. yes it slows down. If you're paying attention, you pass the cars that it is slowing down for. It's not complicated.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TY. Doesn't the 360 package add this stuff ? I think I read somewhere that the 360 package was also required for Adaptive cruise control, so that's why I ask...
Ford has a few 360 CoPilot tiers across the lineup. The terminology doesn’t equally apply to what you get, depending on vehicle and trim level.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think Lariat Lux with 360 gets you Adaptive. I think you need to spend another $700 to get 360 Assist.
On a 22 it came with Lariat Lux need the 360 assist on a 23.
Sponsored