Sponsored

A question about this MY23 re-order thing.

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My question is, I put a deposit down on a Maverick that was ordered in as dealership inventory, it already had a VIN, but after looking around this site, I think it won't be built until MY23, could I change the color and packages when the order bank opens Aug. 2nd? It looks like some people want to make changes, but is an inventory order different from a specific order that was placed by a customer? I don't have any communication emails from Ford.

I would be looking to basically change the whole order as the current order has nothing that I want, except for the tow package. I'd rather have an XLT or Lariat with the Lux package, and 4K tow. That's it. The prices would be similar, and I could order the color I want.

Would making all these changes make me lose my place in line as far as production dates?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it was ordered as dealership inventory and coded that way when ordered (priority 80), it is not linked to you in any way Ford Corporate would consider official. The DEALER may have promised it to you, but Ford Corporate does not have a hand in that. If the VIN linked truck you were promised is not built in 2022, it will need to be re-ordered (at least this is the commonly accepted claim at this point). Since it was not a customer order in 2022, I assume it would just disappear from the system and not be recreated unless the dealer puts in a new 2023 order to replace the canceled order, just like we have to do for our "customer specific" orders that we are all waiting on right now.

Long story short, I think you should just forget about the dealership inventory truck and put in a 2023 order configured in the way you want it configured. Then it is "yours" from day 1. Make sure the dealer recognizes that you already made a deposit and that the existing deposit needs to be linked to the new order so you do not lose that money.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it has a VIN it will be built as a 2022. I'm not sure why you think otherwise, but whatever the reason.. it's wrong.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it has a VIN it will be built as a 2022. I'm not sure why you think otherwise, but whatever the reason.. it's wrong.
Good point. I did not make that link. :)

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it is for dealer stock and has the VIN then it will get built. If you don't want it I am sure the dealer can sell it to someone else but make sure you can get your deposit back or xfer it to a new 23 order in your name. Having said that it might be a long wait for a 23.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think why the OP is confused is that it will be built after the order dates for MY23 comes out. It will be a MY22, you just won't get it until right before the MY23 start.

As mentioned above, if you want a different truck, get your deposit back, order a MY23 and wait another year.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
So since FORD is so far behind...and builds don't even start till end of OCT22...should we just reside to believe we won't get ours till turn of the year....

Good Grief FORD! What a cluster F...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is, I put a deposit down on a Maverick that was ordered in as dealership inventory, it already had a VIN, but after looking around this site, I think it won't be built until MY23, could I change the color and packages when the order bank opens Aug. 2nd? It looks like some people want to make changes, but is an inventory order different from a specific order that was placed by a customer? I don't have any communication emails from Ford.

I would be looking to basically change the whole order as the current order has nothing that I want, except for the tow package. I'd rather have an XLT or Lariat with the Lux package, and 4K tow. That's it. The prices would be similar, and I could order the color I want.

Would making all these changes make me lose my place in line as far as production dates?
what is the VIN on the truck? Just got mine this week, and it is in the 97,xxx range. Ordered Dec 15, 2021. I would NOT assume that truck with your deposit won't get built as a MY2022.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think why the OP is confused is that it will be built after the order dates for MY23 comes out. It will be a MY22, you just won't get it until right before the MY23 start.

As mentioned above, if you want a different truck, get your deposit back, order a MY23 and wait another year.
Yeah, I can see that. OP should definitely do this if he is waiting on a stock unit and wants different options or colors. Hopefully not a year wait for it.. but who knows.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So since FORD is so far behind...and builds don't even start till end of OCT22...should we just reside to believe we won't get ours till turn of the year....

Good Grief FORD! What a cluster F...
what are you talking about? My last best guess on total orders for MY2022 is just shy of 110K. My order date was Dec 15, and just got my VIN issued this week (but no build date). My VIN is in 97xxx range. I'd bet 99% of all ECOBoost orders still unscheduled, (but with no constraints), will get built before switchover to MY2023. IMO likely a few thousand Hybrids, and others with known constraints, will not make the cut. Ford obviously can't be "behind" on MY2023 builds, when order banks aren't even open yet!

OP
OP
Havick

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the replies, Paneubert, I think you helped clear up what I was initially thinking. The VIN on the truck is 87xxx and the order was confirmed on 05/07/2022, no build date. The reason I feel it might not get built this year is from reading so many posts on this site, about guys with a similar build, that was ordered a year ago, and those trucks are still not built. I guess I was curious about the truck being tied to me or the dealership and Paneubert cleared that up.
Sponsored