Sponsored

June 30th order, question about pricing????

KennyD

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Crown Vic
So I ordered an XLT Hybrid, Alto Blue on 6/30. I have an order summary with my price. A family member of mine worked for Ford. They won't try to jack me around and upcharge some dealer b.s. market shortage charge, will they? Can they? I signed it. Please inform. I don't even have a build date yet btw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KennyD

KennyD

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Crown Vic
I'm going to get some discount since my uncle worked there. My order shows 3 prices a/z, d, and x plan. All prices are pretty darn good. So since the prices were on the order summary I really hope that's what I pay. If they try to upcharge me I will call Ford. How can they get away with such nonsense? What is wrong with Ford.? They really want to lose customers for life?

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I'm going to get some discount since my uncle worked there. My order shows 3 prices a/z, d, and x plan. All prices are pretty darn good. So since the prices were on the order summary I really hope that's what I pay. If they try to upcharge me I will call Ford. How can they get away with such nonsense? What is wrong with Ford.? They really want to lose customers for life?
I would have researched the process before making such a large purchase. The dealers can charge whatever they want. It's not up to Ford Motor Co. In many cases, the customer is just a number for the sales quota that month. The owner, general manager, sales manager, salesman and finance guy all get a cut from each purchase. For some of them, your loyalty to the dealership means nothing. If they don't meet their sales goal, they will be out the door. Welcome to the car business.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ordered an XLT Hybrid, Alto Blue on 6/30. I have an order summary with my price. A family member of mine worked for Ford. They won't try to jack me around and upcharge some dealer b.s. market shortage charge, will they? Can they? I signed it. Please inform. I don't even have a build date yet btw.
If your order is placed, the pricing will reflect what it was at the time of ordering. Sounds like you're getting a better deal than MSRP regardless, but whatever discount that is should be related to the pricing as of the time your order was placed.

Market adjustments by dealers don't appear to be an issue for you (and that is not something Ford controls regardless).

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I advised someone else here, and I will advise you, to ask your dealer point blank to clarify what the charge will be. You have nothing to lose by doing this. I did and my dealer spelled out the charges, which is what we agreed to when I also got my order verification on June 30. I would think you do not want to be at the dealership with your truck there tempting you, and they begin to play pricing games. Iron it out now.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search your topic. There's tons of threads on here for the very same subject.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Search your topic. There's tons of threads on here for the very same subject.
In the upper right hand corner of your DORA is a price level listed. Your build should come through priced at that particular level.

I have zero information on what means what as far as pricing.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the upper right hand corner of your DORA is a price level listed. Your build should come through priced at that particular level.

I have zero information on what means what as far as pricing.
My Mav's in the driveway. I'm good. (y)