First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
get them sonsabitches in Michigan...ole lady hit a deer on I94 in may, totaled her 2022 ford escape...we have WAY WAY WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOO many deer in Michigan! Nice haul!
Agreed,hit one with my classic muscle car 2 years ago and totalled our minivan Christmas day last year hitting one!
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly the post in which it was expressed that they would rather see a human (man) killed than an animal is all too common. Many parents have checked out of raising their children and are letting the state and social media groom them.

Anyway love the pic. I've never deer hunted but my wife has before I met her. I could sure get lots of pheasants in my Maverick though. I absolutely loved pheasant and quail hunting!

OP
OP

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly the post in which it was expressed that they would rather see a human (man) killed than an animal is all too common. Many parents have checked out of raising their children and are letting the state and social media groom them.

Anyway love the pic. I've never deer hunted but my wife has before I met her. I could sure get lots of pheasants in my Maverick though. I absolutely loved pheasant and quail hunting!
Thank you for your response. Sadly I almost feel the need to delete this thread because of that comment. And I used to deer hunt but haven't in the last few years the deer in the photo was my sister-in-law's. The sole purpose of the photo is to show the utility of the Maverick bed, I wasn't sure if it would fit. And Partridge is my favorite meat!

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick A buck will fit in bed PXL_20231122_225505394-01

This one was in the yard yesterday, around sundown. He's been hanging around my land for the past few months, and I've quite enjoyed watching his antlers grow larger during this time.
I have guns and have hunted in the past, but don't any more. I have nothing against it, unless it is an endangered species. I'd rather see them taken for food, than starve or die from CWD. Too much of that in these hills, in both Deer and Elk. I don't know if CWD can affect humans - some say it won't and others say it will. But since I was never crazy about venison, I no longer eat it.

To each their own.

OP
OP

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PXL_20231122_225505394-01.jpeg

This one was in the yard yesterday, around sundown. He's been hanging around my land for the past few months, and I've quite enjoyed watching his antlers grow larger during this time.
I have guns and have hunted in the past, but don't any more. I have nothing against it, unless it is an endangered species. I'd rather see them taken for food, than starve or die from CWD. Too much of that in these hills, in both Deer and Elk. I don't know if CWD can affect humans - some say it won't and others say it will. But since I was never crazy about venison, I no longer eat it.

To each their own.
Same,I used to hunt,but don't feel the need to shoot one anymore.having said that,they need to be harvested!

Sponsored

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the people that make those ridiculous comments can't see the forest for the trees, generally speaking. I bet they eat meat as well.

Great pic though! I used to deer hunt when I was younger, but not so much anymore. I've gotten in to grouse hunting lately. More action, more moving around, and it's generally warmer out.

That said, we NEED the deer hunt with the almost out of control deer population in the great lakes region.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PXL_20231122_225505394-01.jpeg

To each their own.
That is a beautiful picture from the Ozarks. Love that area. Believe it or not out here in southern AZ we have some big mule deer. I’m a Kansas boy so I’ve seen some nice muleys in my day but these mule deer here can be impressive. No white tail out here though.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to pile on . Everyone is entitled to there views but I’ve noticed a sea change in Maryland. I grew up with hunters proudly bringing back a buck in the back of a pickup. (And the fresh meat to follow). In the last 15 years or so, anti-hunting groups have resorted to protesting and/or using air horns to ruin hunts. Some hunters have used caps on the trucks as to not have their vehicles defaced. (Ironic that these protesters will never directly confront hunters)

You can love animals and be an ethical hunter. They are not mutually exclusive . In fact, hunters understand nature far better than most. They see the issues that are befalling on their prey. Reduced land and over population is a recipe for disaster for deer health. Culling the herd helps the deer population. It may not be pretty for a non hunter but it is necessary.

With that, everyone please have a safe holiday.

Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

looking

Mavreezy said:
I would rather see a human being (adult male) blasted and decapitated than watch a defenseless animal killed

You misunderstood my comment. The deer (animal) does not bother me. Your comments (above) regarding a human are disturbing.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, the people that make those ridiculous comments can't see the forest for the trees, generally speaking. I bet they eat meat as well.

Great pic though! I used to deer hunt when I was younger, but not so much anymore. I've gotten in to grouse hunting lately. More action, more moving around, and it's generally warmer out.

That said, we NEED the deer hunt with the almost out of control deer population in the great lakes region.
SE Pennsylvania has herds living in neighborhoods built out since the 70's with 8,000sf lots, 5 miles from CC Philadelphia. There is a population problem for sure.
Sponsored