Sponsored

$600 "processing fee" added to Ford financing?

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The processing (Acquisition) fee is only if you are leasing. If you bought it, there is no processing fee.
Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Boonsue

Boonsue

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes and there was nothing listed except the interest rate amount and monthly payment
Update: went to dealer with Ford letter for an explanation. Dealer labeled charge incorrectly. It was the standard(DELAWARE) doc fee charged by every car dealer. Well...

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That has to be the dealer not ford fight it. should be able to get it reduced.

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: went to dealer with Ford letter for an explanation. Dealer labeled charge incorrectly. It was the standard(DELAWARE) doc fee charged by every car dealer. Well...
Googled Delaware document fees for automobiles.
Uness it has changed, the state charges 4.25% of the sales price.
Does this calculate correctly for your vehicle’s cost?
Hope this helps you.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Googled Delaware document fees for automobiles.
Uness it has changed, the state charges 4.25% of the sales price.
Does this calculate correctly for your vehicle’s cost?
Hope this helps you.
At first I thought that was outragous, but since there is no sales tax, I guess they gotta make there money somehow, and 4.25% is actually pretty low as sales taxes go. Illinois is 7.25% (plus some counties add on top of that). Also, for those of you in Illinois, the $10,000 cap on trade-in value for tax purposes has been repealed. You now get full value for your trade-in to reduce your sales tax burden.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had their dealer add a $600 "processing fee" to their Ford financing? Just got a letter today from Ford stating the $600 fee was omitted from my contract!?? Wth? My credit is excellent. Next step?
Is it a lease? There is a fee for leasing

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify the fee for leasing. It's the acquisition fee for leasing with Ford (RCL). It's actually $645 and it CAN NOT be paid separately. It has to be added into the lease calculations. Yes, many years ago, you could lower your monthly payment by requesting to pay the acquisition fee up front but Ford stopped allowing that. This is as of when I left the business in 2020 (after selling Fords for over 23 years). Hope this clarifies things. 👍

OP
OP
Boonsue

Boonsue

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to clarify the fee for leasing. It's the acquisition fee for leasing with Ford (RCL). It's actually $645 and it CAN NOT be paid separately. It has to be added into the lease calculations. Yes, many years ago, you could lower your monthly payment by requesting to pay the acquisition fee up front but Ford stopped allowing that. This is as of when I left the business in 2020 (after selling Fords for over 23 years). Hope this clarifies things. 👍
It is not a leased truck. The fee is for "processing the paperwork documents. Apparently a common fee on every vehicle purchased

Sponsored

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not a leased truck. The fee is for "processing the paperwork documents. Apparently a common fee on every vehicle purchased
I know your deal was a purchase. I was just clearing up all those who were mentioning the acquisition fee, that's all. The Doc fee is a royal PITA. It's getting out of hand frankly. When I left the business it was $398, in Pennsylvania! And for context, the dealership paid us $150 (before tax) for all mini deals (deals with no profit). That's a whole other topic for another time. Good luck with your truck. I can't wait to order mine.

Oh, and this is why I seriously advocate for anyone who can get a dealer to honor a sale of their truck at X-Plan, to do it. It limits the state documentary fee at only $100. No matter what they normally charge. 👍

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know your deal was a purchase. I was just clearing up all those who were mentioning the acquisition fee, that's all. The Doc fee is a royal PITA. It's getting out of hand frankly. When I left the business it was $398, in Pennsylvania! And for context, the dealership paid us $150 (before tax) for all mini deals (deals with no profit). That's a whole other topic for another time. Good luck with your truck. I can't wait to order mine.

Oh, and this is why I seriously advocate for anyone who can get a dealer to honor a sale of their truck at X-Plan, to do it. It limits the state documentary fee at only $100. No matter what they normally charge. 👍
True. We went from $499 document fees, which I think is excessive, to $100 once we established eligibility for the X plan.

$600 is ridiculous. Still would like to see a copy of the actual contract (with name and vin not exposed) to see how it was actually listed. Surely, there would have been a line item with associated cost. I would think if nothing was listed, one would have the terms of the signed contract on their side.

Still hoping the OP enjoys the Maverick!

OP
OP
Boonsue

Boonsue

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Very interesting! I've never heard of X-Plan. You're going to love your truck!

OP
OP
Boonsue

Boonsue

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At first I thought that was outragous, but since there is no sales tax, I guess they gotta make there money somehow, and 4.25% is actually pretty low as sales taxes go. Illinois is 7.25% (plus some counties add on top of that). Also, for those of you in Illinois, the $10,000 cap on trade-in value for tax purposes has been repealed. You now get full value for your trade-in to reduce your sales tax burden.
There actually is sales tax: $950. This fee is on top of that and does not include the $250 tag fee. They got me!

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Very interesting! I've never heard of X-Plan. You're going to love your truck!
In Maine they are allowed up to $499 which every dealer charges, it's a completely BS fee but thankfully x-plan limited it to $100 for me. If you ever buy another Ford definitely look into x-plan eligibility.
Sponsored