Sponsored

Market adjustment fee added to Ordered Mavericks?

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us who have ordered and are waiting for a build do we need to be concerned that the price we were quoted when the order was placed will have a "Market Adjustment Fee" added when the truck arrives? Have any of you had dealers try to pull this on an ordered vehicle? I see some local dealers adding $5k to Mavericks they have in stock. Are some trying to add that to ordered vehicles too?
Even after waiting months and months I will walk away if my dealer tries that.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, some reports on here of dealers doing that. Tons of them on the Bronco orders. Story popped today that some dealers are adding 30k to Lightning orders. It depends on the dealer.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, some reports on here of dealers doing that. Tons of them on the Bronco orders. Story popped today that some dealers are adding 30k to Lightning orders. It depends on the dealer.
I'm tempted to contact my dealer and tell them if they have any intention of doing that they can cancel the order now. We agreed to a price and a deal oughta be a deal. Changing the rules later is BS.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm tempted to contact my dealer and tell them if they have any intention of doing that they can cancel the order now. We agreed to a price and a deal oughta be a deal. Changing the rules later is BS.
Dont threaten. I just called mine and said some shady dealers are doing this. I just wanted to make sure you are charging me what you said you would. They said no markups on ordered vehicles.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think most dealers will if you ordered it. Your best strategy if they try to is just wait til it gets to the lot, if there is a markup, show them a printout of your window sticker or order build and say when I ordered it, I agreed to THIS price, not yours. I’ll take the car today if I can get it for the price I expected. And if they say no, walk off the lot but tell them you’ll have to think about it. If you put a deposit they cant sell it until you tell them you don’t want it. Stretch it out and keep them in limbo even if it takes 2 weeks. Hopefully they break and say come and take it, if not at least you tried. Make sure to leave them bad reviews and file complaints to Ford if they don’t honor MSRP.

If you ordered the Ecoboost, you probably wont have to go to such great lengths as you can just cancel, order from another dealer, and the lead time shouldn’t be more than 3 months.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
There are many posts about this topic. Unless you have a written agreement signed by you and the dealer, they are holding all of the cards. Some dealers may actually want you to back out so that they can use various methods (schemes) to inflate the cost to the next customer. Never order a vehicle without doing the research ahead of time.

Good luck...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
and the point of that would be? No reason to burn bridges before you even get there. You waited all this time, may as well relax and ride it out until the big day arrives. Have you found reviews of this dealership? Might be insightful if people report good and bad experiences with this dealer you can judge for yourself.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer respected the price quoted at order. Actualy, t was about $150 less than the quoted price in the end.

I would suggest wrting them an email, saying that you have heard of dealers doing markups on ordered vehicles, and you just wanted to make sure their intent was to honor the MSRP pricing. (no threatening or bluffing.) However they reply, you know where you stand.

That is what I did, when I started worrying ....

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us who have ordered and are waiting for a build do we need to be concerned that the price we were quoted when the order was placed will have a "Market Adjustment Fee" added when the truck arrives? Have any of you had dealers try to pull this on an ordered vehicle? I see some local dealers adding $5k to Mavericks they have in stock. Are some trying to add that to ordered vehicles too?
As long you have a purchase order signed by both parties you should be pretty well protected from ADMs. Seems to be extremely rare dealers try to do anything shady in that situation. Of course they could try to put on BS "packages" and refuse to take them off when you say no. But again seems very rare. Just make sure you're chin strap is tight in the finance room like always. But right now if a dealer wants to be unethical and force you to wak there's nothing you can do about it. Because they absolutely will sell it for a huge mark up within days

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems as though
and the point of that would be? No reason to burn bridges before you even get there. You waited all this time, may as well relax and ride it out until the big day arrives. Have you found reviews of this dealership? Might be insightful if people report good and bad experiences with this dealer you can judge for yourself.
It seems as though you have more leverage if you cancel before the vehicle gets a build date. If you cancel before a build date, the truck is never made and the dealer will loose the sale to you or to anyone else.

If you wait till the vehicle is delivered and then walk away, the dealer will just be able to sell it to someone else with an even bigger markup.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that your concern is valid, but very dealer specific. My dealer has informed me on multiple occasions today they don't do that for custom orders and that the announced price increase by Ford will not affect my order; I'll pay what's on my DORA.

That said, I believe the prime that this has happened to. So, that leads me to believe that it's dealer specific.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that your concern is valid, but very dealer specific. My dealer has informed me on multiple occasions today they don't do that for custom orders and that the announced price increase by Ford will not affect my order; I'll pay what's on my DORA.

That said, I believe the prime that this has happened to. So, that leads me to believe that it's dealer specific.
my dealer also assured me mine will be at MSRP, also that I have price protection from any increases from Ford, AND I will get any extra incentives/rebates that I may qualify for up until the time I finalize purchase and take delivery. Bought from them before and no reason to doubt it.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems as though

It seems as though you have more leverage if you cancel before the vehicle gets a build date. If you cancel before a build date, the truck is never made and the dealer will loose the sale to you or to anyone else.

If you wait till the vehicle is delivered and then walk away, the dealer will just be able to sell it to someone else with an even bigger markup.
Leverage for what? I don't get it. Sound like this person is getting worked up over nothing in his specific case. He wanted the truck and ordered it, so let it arrive and chances are he will be he happy with it. I don't believe the timing you suggested will have anything at all to do with the truck being built. It doesn't belong to a specific buyer until they finalize purchase from their dealer. If he cancels real early that truck still gets built but goes to the next ordered vehicle in the queue- or could possibly even still go to same dealer to fulfill another buyer's order or possibly end up a stock unit the dealer can do what they want with it.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If he cancels real early that truck still gets built but goes to the next ordered vehicle in the queue- or could possibly even still go to same dealer to fulfill another buyer's order or possibly end up a stock unit the dealer can do what they want with it.
Wrong. Dealers have lost their allocation for having false customer orders. Tim Bratz (Ford Video Guy) has talked about it on his podcast.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe my trade needs to have a "Market Adjustment Fee" applied too? I can play this game too. 😂
Sponsored