First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are wrong. Objectively, and without any further discussion, WRONG! Moron ...
Uhh What !!!

I thought this was the Star Thread:

Op does one star "*"
You do two stars "**"

I just thought i'd contribute and add another so "***"
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uhh What !!!

Op does one star "*"
You do two stars "**"

Yes, I guess you are right so far ...

But, is it numerical or Fibonacci? Would the next be **** or ***** ?

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wth happened here? lol.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uhh What !!!

Op does one star "*"
You do two stars "**"

Just making sure, you did know I was joking around, right? (Forums don't convey lame humor very well ...)

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pictures and write-up. I think with the dark truck the rear wheel off-center does not look as pronounced. It is a nice stance with those wild peaks...

I know it's been said a lot that this truck will not be a serious off-road truck but I suspect there is still a lot we can do to improve the off-road capabilities.

With such a low upfront cost of ownership, it will be a popular model for custom work. It will be interesting to see what offerings are available down the road.
Saw here someone saying that a 2022 factory original is going to be very difficult to find in a few years

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick * 1_hCBj1-h4n7iZm6v-v8gNSw

OP
OP
GaMaverick

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Think he felt dumb that he believed it would align itself. Lol.
I never said it didnā€™t need an alignment, I said the owner of the tire store did. And the tires do realign themselves straight.
Of course you wouldnā€™t know wtf Iā€™m talking about because you havenā€™t lifted your Maverick 2ā€ and put 235/75-17 tires on to see the tires camber in at the top and straightened out when you drive it 15 feet.

So do yourself a favor and stfu because you know ZERO what you talk about. Just spewing crap out your mouth some other guy said. Donā€™t be a follower all your life.

FYI I donā€™t owe it to you or anyone else wtf I do with my truck. I installed the kit myself and didnā€™t pay to have it done. Just like I cleared the pinch welds and fixed the ECU cover bulge on the drivers side fender well the larger tires rub on (oh I bet you knew that also).

If there would have been a delete for starting a thread I would have done it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GaMaverick

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great, and pretty much what I'm considering (although mine will only be an XL). I know it's only been a day, but have you noticed the difference in acceleration and/or fuel economy? I like the idea of 31s for a bit more clearance in the snowy months, but I'm a bit concerned about the decrease in fuel economy.
You will need to clearance of pinch welds and the drivers side plastic ECU cover behind the wheel well cover if using 31ā€ tires.
The tires donā€™t rub during normal driving but sharp turns. It is exactly 1 1/2 times turning the wheel in either direction that the tires start rubbing with a 2ā€ lift and 31ā€ tires šŸ‘

Sponsored
OP
OP
GaMaverick

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think he is more referring to tired scrub then self alignment. When you lift a vehicle(like with a jack) the camber changes with suspensions travel, when you put it back down its still not fully scrubed. This is simply due to the stiction of the tires, and the fact that the suspension cycles on a radius. This will keep the vehicle higher than actual ride height, after driving the vehicle the suspension will scrub and be back to static height causing the camber to come back in. You will definetly need an alignment after doing the lift though.
No, the the front tires tilted in at the top and out at the bottom slightly after putting the 2ā€ lift and 31ā€ tire on.
After I drove the truck about 15-20 feet the tires aligned themselves straight up and down again. They have stayed this way since.

The owner of the tire shop knew more then you me or anyone else apparently because I carried the tires and rims originally independently to be mounted. When I said something about an alignment (because they were slightly leaning) after finishing the front and taking the rears to be mounted. She yes she, said let me guess you have a Ford. All new Ford do this after they are lifted and will straighten out after driving about 15ā€˜-20ā€™.
I thought she was full of shit and Iā€™ll will be damned if she wasnā€™t right. Straightened right the hell up EXACTLY like she said.

So she was exactly right I did not need an alignment to fix that issue.

Thats where the whole alignment thing came from the other guy started spewing off at the mouth about.

why anyone would listen to some random guy instead of someone who installed the lift kit, clearance the pinch welds and wheel well and installed the tires is beyond me.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never said it didnā€™t need an alignment, I said the owner of the tire store did. And the tires do realign themselves straight.
Of course you wouldnā€™t know wtf Iā€™m talking about because you havenā€™t lifted your Maverick 2ā€ and put 235/75-17 tires on to see the tires camber in at the top and straightened out when you drive it 15 feet.

So do yourself a favor and stfu because you know ZERO what you talk about. Just spewing crap out your mouth some other guy said. Donā€™t be a follower all your life.

FYI I donā€™t owe it to you or anyone else wtf I do with my truck. I installed the kit myself and didnā€™t pay to have it done. Just like I cleared the pinch welds and fixed the ECU cover bulge on the drivers side fender well the larger tires rub on (oh I bet you knew that also).

Man, what a strange and aggressive reaction for someone who posted a thread on the internet. Did you not expect people to comment and/or ask questions. This is the internet, sir.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, the the front tires tilted in at the top and out at the bottom slightly after putting the 2ā€ lift and 31ā€ tire on.
After I drove the truck about 15-20 feet the tires aligned themselves straight up and down again. They have stayed this way since.

The owner of the tire shop knew more then you me or anyone else apparently because I carried the tires and rims originally independently to be mounted. When I said something about an alignment (because they were slightly leaning) after finishing the front and taking the rears to be mounted. She yes she, said let me guess you have a Ford. All new Ford do this after they are lifted and will straighten out after driving about 15ā€˜-20ā€™.
I thought she was full of shit and Iā€™ll will be damned if she wasnā€™t right. Straightened right the hell up EXACTLY like she said.

So she was exactly right I did not need an alignment to fix that issue.

Thats where the whole alignment thing came from the other guy started spewing off at the mouth about.

why anyone would listen to some random guy instead of someone who installed the lift kit, clearance the pinch welds and wheel well and installed the tires is beyond me.
You need a new alignment expert. The olā€™ naked eye itā€™s exactly straight test is wrong typically 100% of the time. Like I said, the set up looks good but without an alignment youā€™re going to kill those tires and suspension components. But hey, your truck and you donā€™t owe anyone and explanation right? Lol

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Your right I havenā€™t done it, will get my turn soon as I get my truck but Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t think the truck will align itself šŸ˜‚. I appreciated you sharing but!! If you canā€™t take a little criticism or someone busting you balls you probably shouldnā€™t share on the internet.
And your are kinda right about the tires not sitting straight as soon as you put it on the ground, the suspension and tires donā€™t land straight on the ground. But that doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t need an alignment. Think you problem is your wording. Get over the aggressiveness and just go with the teasing and post the pics back up so we all have future reference.
Sponsored